Thread: Good to be back!

Good to be back!

Hey everyone. I apologize for my absence. I have been hunting, just not posting for a while. I'll try to be more active this year. First pic is a merc I found on Feb 1st. My best one in a while. Values at about $24 in this condition. Added a few other coins I found the same day. Was a good hunt! And one of my hunting buddies found an 1810 Ferdinand VII 1 real!
    The ring is the smallest I have ever found. Baby ring for sure. Weighs half a gram!
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Nice finds JD, I really like the skeleton key and 1916S mercury dime; also, I really enjoy your videos on YouTube!

Welcome back, I'll definetely be looking forward to your posts! Keep hunting those old homesites and digging the ugly signals and you'll be rewarded highly!
    I <3 colonial relics!

Wonderful finds and terrific photos, JD! I really like the 1916-S Merc and the Girl Scouts badge. That key is very unusual too, I love the color of it.

Thanks for sharing your finds, they are inspiring!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Welcome back and I also like your videos. Nice 16s merc and that skeleton key is awesome.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Nice! I like the old key. I've never seen one shaped quite like it.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Way to return with a bang!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Nice finds there. The skelton key looks like one used on the old steamer trunks. The Mercury dime does have some really good detail. Glad you are back. Happy Huntin'.
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00

Nice finds JD. I watch all your vids but it's nice to see you posting on a forum too! You obviously know a ton about coins. Question: when you estimate the numismatic value of a coin (such as that Merc) do you factor in a downgrade for it being a dug coin? Using that Merc as an example, what is your opinion as to how much value is lost for it being a dug vs. a circulated non-dug coin when looking at the Red Book? Obviously the condition of each individual coin will vary, but I'm just curious to get your thoughts in general on this topic.

Great finds as always JD!
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MrDigger

Minelab Equinox 800, SE Pro
    Oldest coin: 1693 W&M halfpenny
    Oldest silver: 1751 Ferdinand VI Pistareen1 Real
    Oldest US coin: 1787 Mass State Copper
    Oldest US silver: 1821 Capped Bust Dime
    Favorite Find: 1806 Carolus IIII 8 Reales

Hey Mr. Digger. As for the mercs, they don't corrode, no 90% silver does, unless it's completely discolored beyond reasonable cleaning or damaged in some way the value is the same as a circulated piece. But when it comes to dug nickels or copper coins it's a different story. Most lose 50% or more of their value right of the bat because of the environmental damage. Hope this helps!

Nice set of finds. Love the zoom shots. Wish I had a camera to make shots like that.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos