Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two days of hunting in Thawed VA ! :) Nice relics!!!

Isaac never hunted the place maybe should have but if you go across 15 not pass the bridge and take the side road everything on the left side is historic this is where the mining cart was found dates between 1853-1859 part of the the Loudoun branch and manassas gap railroad and I found this on my fathers friends property and the soldiers tore up the track and this was dumped on the bank and creek so I am a lot older than you this was found 1980 and disappeared in 1986 not to be seen again for my brother died from alcohol and always said it was in the shed and he died and took the whereabouts to his grave.I have been searching ever since and i still have not found it . But like I said lots of history around there.Keep digging im sure you will turn up a lot neat relics in time .The cart was found with a cheap radio shack detector that was ruined after placing it in the water. This cart has an estimated date of 1832?????????????? vanzutphenName:  Scan_20150114.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  91.9 KB
    Last edited by donald sutphin; 02-21-2015 at 07:28 PM.

once again...just like last year you are already into the good stuff.Nice finds and keep them coming ...some day this weather may just go away so we may enjoy finds as well.

WOW Isaac that's a old site, look at all the patina in the foreground of that house. Oh wait that's Grass now i remember, been seeing snow here too much ,LOL. Great finds and Keep them coming, always enjoy seeing what you recover.

Nova Treasure