Thread: XP DEUS finds 1902s barber dime

XP DEUS finds 1902s barber dime

So i went to this lot to sell my bmw motorcycle right out side of town lots of traffic but because everybody want to crawl on the bike i stay with it ..so instead of just sitting there i took the deus to kill time its a two hundred year old town so maybe something has happened there…. second hit of the day i get a dime reading dirt is rock hard so i break the crust and recheck for location of dime its in the crust great start cleaning the dirt off and its a dime I've never seen before I'm thinking mexican ,british etc… look closer and it says united states so cool i stick it in my mouth clean the dirt off and HOLLY **** !!!!! its a barber dime 1902s and look like in great shape…..look on the phone and i read "1902s is rarer than all of them Holly mother of something …. what have i found and how do i have it cleaned and is it worth having it graded and by whom …is it a $11.00 dollar dime or 1000.00 or 5000.00 what do u experts think...

Clint "ironarmknives"
    "The most important rule in a knifefight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary".

current ,… whites v3i…. Excalibur 1000 blue
    put to rest … whites MXT…..ctx3030….

Incredible dime you found there!

Solid F12 detail with a minor scratch. $40 would be a safe estimate (possibly a little more) Huge congrats on a cool coin!

Are you sure you were not looking at a different coin like the 1901-S barber quarter? The 1902-s dime is scarce, but not worth a ton.

ya the price range on two sights went from 11.00 to mint of 7-10k grade 65 is 1 to 3000.00 i just don't know how to score it in grade value or is it just a vf ,xf most in good shape was 1000.00 beats me i've never delt in coin collecting just don't know …but hey its a barber dime and thats cool for me … ebay goes from 11.00 to like u say 40.00 to 1000.00 ..
    Clint "ironarmknives"
    "The most important rule in a knifefight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary".

Congrats on a very nice Barber Dime. Great job.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Congrats on the dime. It's in real good shape despite that tiny scratch. IDK on value tho but the cointrackers site does fairly well with keeping a good estimate on price. Their upper limit was 1125 and lower limit was 4. Maybe I would place it right between XF-45 and AU-50. Maybe putting it 300-500? Just a guess tho, putting it around the 1/3 mark because it's not a linear scale for worth.

Congrats on the 1902-S Barber Dime!

I agree with JdsCoins, F12 detail with staining and a scratch. It would most likely sell for $30 to $40 give or take.

Here's a similar example that recently sold for $28 on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10c-1902-S-B...p2047675.l2557
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I just love seeing nice old Barbers coming out of the ground with that much detail. Congratulations on a very nice coin!
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

She's a beauty, Congrats!
    Minelab Etrac, BH 202.
    2015 silvers 32
    2015, $71.80, 12 Merc's, 11 Rosies, 2 Walkers, 3 Washingtons, 4 war nickels, 2 buffs, 30 wheats....

Very nice find! That would've made my day any day.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

Nice looking barber, love the detail still left on that one! Not bad for a time killer hunt, eh?
    Detectors: dual wield at-pros, t2
    oldest copper- 1717 KG I
    oldest US silver- 1832 capped bust dime
    "Swords into plowshares"

i hunted the whole field two time found nothing but iron, alum, and one more penny thats it… so it was a lucky find ….. and a great fined .. for me … i still have not had anybody value the coin yet grade it …. of to the beach today see if that diamond ring is there a few oz of gold would be nice. LOL …. i just don't know where to take the dime to have someone grade it… or even know if its worth paying to have that done some say $40.00 dime some say 200.00 some maybe more so don't know …… for now just sits on the desk ….
    Clint "ironarmknives"