Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Golden coin !!!!

Medieval Golden coin !!!!

Hey there !

Last week a stunning find : found a golden coin, mediėval ! Minted in France in 1436. I was detecting a acre just e few miles from my hometown.
    After a few nice coins, BAM ! Turned the grasspole and that golden piece was shining at me. Almost got a heartattack. It was minted in the period of Charles de Vitorieux who was the emperor back then.
    Charles was also named as Charles the Good-one. He was very well trained in warfare, didn't loose many battles.

Enjoy the pic's !!

Greetz from Holland/the Netherlands
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Humus mea arena est watch my finds on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACQMd...ature=youtu.be

Woooooooooooooooow

Now that's a mind-blowing find of a lifetime!

It's simply stunning! What a spectacular piece of history! Words cannot describe how beautiful that coin is!

I am curious about the diameter of the coin, Johan. How big is it?

Huge congratulations on the jaw-dropping find!!!!!!!!!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Very very cool! Congrats!

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    She be agood one. last trip to Dominican dug with one of your countrymen. Thanks for posting and go dig em me bouy!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Un-freaking-believable!!! What a great detecting find.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Not much one can say for a find like that. YOW
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

"Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Great find Johan!! That's a beautiful coin....
    Minelab Etrac, BH 202.
    2015 silvers 32
    2015, $71.80, 12 Merc's, 11 Rosies, 2 Walkers, 3 Washingtons, 4 war nickels, 2 buffs, 30 wheats....

Beautiful gold !
    Always looking for that next ring !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Woooooooooooooooow

Now that's a mind-blowing find of a lifetime!

It's simply stunning! What a spectacular piece of history! Words cannot describe how beautiful that coin is!

I am curious about the diameter of the coin, Johan. How big is it?

Huge congratulations on the jaw-dropping find!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Tony ! To answer your question: 27,5 mm diameter.
    Humus mea arena est watch my finds on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACQMd...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Johan K View Post
    Thanks Tony ! To answer your question: 27,5 mm diameter.
    Wow, that is a big coin, between the size of our US quarter and half dollar. AWESOME!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Wow that is a great find. I've said it before how the west is envious of the North East because we can find colonial coins, but the NE is envious of Europeans because they can find Medieval coins.

It must be a thin coin then. Less than 1 mm thick. They weigh only around 3.4g, the density being 19.3g/cc.
    http://www.ma-shops.com/cheilan/item...v049gc9sovg2e0

That's AWESOME! Congratulations!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    Wow that is a great find. I've said it before how the west is envious of the North East because we can find colonial coins, but the NE is envious of Europeans because they can find Medieval coins.

It must be a thin coin then. Less than 1 mm thick. They weigh only around 3.4g, the density being 19.3g/cc.
    http://www.ma-shops.com/cheilan/item...v049gc9sovg2e0
    Yep, that's the same one !

absolutely awesome
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

Amazing find sir !!!!!
    I <3 colonial relics!

great find we are all a little envious over here our chances of finding a gold coin are slim at best you have so much more history than us its amazing what some of you find congrats on a peice of history

holy crap what a beautiful coin, gold and hammered, you can't beat that!!!!
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Wow! That's an incredible find! Congratulations! :D
    Detectors: dual wield at-pros, t2
    oldest copper- 1717 KG I
    oldest US silver- 1832 capped bust dime
    "Swords into plowshares"

Quote Originally Posted by POKIE73 View Post
    great find we are all a little envious over here our chances of finding a gold coin are slim at best you have so much more history than us its amazing what some of you find congrats on a peice of history
    Haha, I can imagine that ! We've had the Kelts here, Angelsaksians, even bronze-period, Romans, the Frecnh, Spanish en last but not least our German neighbours haha So the soil is stuffed with goodies. Just have to find the right spot.
    Greetz Johan