Thread: Whites V3I coil specs

Whites V3I coil specs

Because I'm an electronics tech with a curious mind I had to do a little investigating with my coils. This is what I've found.
    The Rx portion of the coils is on pins 1&2.
    The TX portion is pins 4&5.
    You can see the pin numbers if you use a magnifying glass.
    The resistance and inductance of the coils are as follows:

Eclipse 5.3
    RX= 30.8 ohms 14mH 40 Rings
    TX=3.3 ohms 561uH 19 Rings

Eclipse 4x6
    RX=50.9 ohms 15.6 mH 29 Rings
    TX=3.3 ohms 545uH 17 Rings

Eclipse DD 6x10
    RX=55.2 Ohms 14.0 mH 31 Rings
    TX=3.4 ohms 550uH 19 Rings

D2 Stock Coil
    Rx=44.1 Omhs 13.73 mH 32 Rings
    TX=3.3 Ohms 550uH 21 Rings

The rings is a "Q" test of the coils and is an indicator of shorted turns.
    As you can see the TX and RX of all the coils is similar both for resistance and inductance.

I was able to measure the inductance and "Q" with a Sencore LC103 test set I own.

This info should help anyone if they believe they have any coil problems.
    I'm assuming all my coils are good and from these results I think I can safely make this assumption.
    ACE 250 ATpro GTI2500
    V3I
    CTX3030
    Surf PI Pro
    Gabby

Huh?
    If I can't plug it into the wall, I don't mess with electricity. So most of that went right over my head.
    But, I know there's some members who will understand all of that.
    It's some great info! Thanks for posting it!
    Specially since I know Whites had some issues with their first batch of their D2 coils. This can be very useful for member who maybe having issues with their coils, and if they understand how to test it.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Great information Gabby! I don't think I have ever seen these specifications before. Were these all V-Rated coils?
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

I looked the Sencore LC-103 up and it better be a fancy multimeter for 3000 dollars. Nice info thanks!
    http://www.broadcaststore.com/store/....cfm?id=793702

Hmm. I wonder how the readings would compare to a simple handheld LCR meter which more would own versus the sencore. There should be this info for each coil on each model on each mfgr. At least you got it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    If I can't plug it into the wall, I don't mess with electricity.
    Lol. I have 3 phase 115V I see all the time or +-130 DC and I have conductive shoes on at the time. I've gotten bit a few times. NO ONE SAY "oh, so that explains a lot".

Interesting information.

That's way over my head but thanks for posting for those that can understand it !! I am sure it will be helpful to some.
    Whites TreasurePro, Oldest US Coin 1876 Seated Dime, Oldest Foreign Coin 1700's Chinese Cash Coin
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/pescadoremetaldetect
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/pescadoremetaldetecting

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage View Post
    Great information Gabby! I don't think I have ever seen these specifications before. Were these all V-Rated coils?
    Yes all my coils are V rated.
    ACE 250 ATpro GTI2500
    V3I
    CTX3030
    Surf PI Pro
    Gabby

Quote Originally Posted by freemindstuck View Post
    I looked the Sencore LC-103 up and it better be a fancy multimeter for 3000 dollars. Nice info thanks!
    http://www.broadcaststore.com/store/....cfm?id=793702
    I do electronics repair in my spare time....I mostly repair vintage musical equipment for musicians. I repair the equipment of many many bands. I'm also of the era where I can understand and repair tube equipment.
    ACE 250 ATpro GTI2500
    V3I
    CTX3030
    Surf PI Pro
    Gabby

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    Hmm. I wonder how the readings would compare to a simple handheld LCR meter which more would own versus the sencore. There should be this info for each coil on each model on each mfgr. At least you got it started.

Lol. I have 3 phase 115V I see all the time or +-130 DC and I have conductive shoes on at the time. I've gotten bit a few times. NO ONE SAY "oh, so that explains a lot".
    It would be close. Most LCR meters are within about 5% on inductance. I'm not sure off hand what the specs are for my meter but I suspect they would be a little better than that.
    ACE 250 ATpro GTI2500
    V3I
    CTX3030
    Surf PI Pro
    Gabby

Thanks for the specs. I have a coil that is questionable so I will check it out myself now.
    Whites V3i with installed Sunray Invader DX-1 inline target probe / Whites DFX (backup) / White's TRX (in evaluation) / Garrett Pro Pointer / Lesche digging tool / Japanese Hori Hori for delicate turf , and a homemade serrated edge relic shovel for relic hunting.

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth, But The Righteous Are Bold Like A Lion"
    Proverbs 28:1