Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are your detecting goals for 2015?

Well you do hit mainly parks and greens, with the occasional place like the mill you took me to and when you got out with Lou, so the field might be the better bet based upon what you said came from it. You been itchin for it to be ready again. Was it only spring it's avail, or did you get to hit there in the fall after harvest?

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    Forrealzies? The ground should still be ok but might be a little chilly. Maybe only the seated, half cent, and flowing hair are more specific to this area vs your neck of the woods. I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of offers to get out with ya. Who knows, maybe I'll be part of it too.
    My bucket list will definitely expand when I'm detecting in New England. For that excursion I would have to add ANY state copper, Spanish silver, colonial buttons, ANY coin or relic that can be attributed to the 1700s, etc.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Iv`e collected coins since I was 7yrs old. Coins that were different always fascinated me. Now that I`ve been metal detecting (since 2011) I`ve found old coins I`d never seen before. And I`ve been able to add some to my books. I hope it gets better and I find more.

Found a pounded cellar hole site a couple of years ago. I always get a sense of satisfaction by working hard and getting a pounded site to give up a goodie or two. I've hit this site several times but it refuses to give up any goodies. My goal/obsession for 2015 will be to squeeze one nice find from that site. If that nice find happens to be a Massachusetts copper that would take care of another goal
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

my goal would be to be able to get out and hunt some didnt get to much last year i hope that i can get back to being able to walk a little more and hopefully improve never take your health for granted

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Only one item left on the bucket list...20 cent piece.

Goals for this years Dominican trip in April......5 gold or silver rings.
    UK trip in Sept....Roamn silver.

Trust everyone will have a great year!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Not picky as far as finds. Just love to get out, search those old cellar holes and find a few early VT relics. A few old coins and early farm relics will surely come, but what they'll be...ahhh that's the fun of it all! I guess if I had to put something down, it would be to find a coin older than my current oldest coin (1841 right now).

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

I'm hoping to accomplish 3 things in 2015

1800's coin of any type
    First silver coin
    Upgrade my machine
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

Candidate Member
    I'm new enough to the hobby that I don't have any goals. I just want to get out there and start finding & learning.

My goal is too not just settle for the same ol' places to hunt, but do more research and plan the hunt with some sort of logic. The thing is that I get excited and just jump out of the car (truck actually) and start swinging. I'm sure I have missed a lot of good signals from not thinking it through. Maybe I'm just trying to make up for all the lost time before taking up this addictive habit.
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00

Quote Originally Posted by mownomo View Post
    ... and plan the hunt with some sort of logic..... I'm sure I have missed a lot of good signals from not thinking it through. ...
    Have you seen the latest pictures on the GPS thread for routes? ...and you are thinking there's much logic?

Something gold would be terrific, but really I just want to get out there! With getting the house ready to sell, a new job, working 12 hours a day with 1:15 drive each way I'm about tapped out time-wise. I'm pining man!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Quote Originally Posted by GA1dad View Post
    I'm hoping to accomplish 3 things in 2015

1800's coin of any type
    First silver coin
    Upgrade my machine
    This post has haunted me the last couple of weeks. I did accomplish 2 out of 3 goals.

1- Upgrade my machine ( I was using an Ace 350 ),, I did this one twice,,, now I swing an Whites MXT and a Teknetics T2
    2- First silver coin,, found several after upgrading machines,, including a silver ring
    3- 1800's coin,,,, this one has still eluded me.

How'd y'all do on your 2015 goals??
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    My number 1 bucket list coin is a Two Cent Piece.
    a couple of Seated coins would be nice as well.
    And yes, MORE SILVER COINS in general
    Well, it is now December of 2015. I got everything I wished for this year.
    3 Two cent pieces
    2 seated coins
    and 12 more Silvers than last year.
    It's been a great year
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    Idk if I can be specific. I'm not picky. I do want more coppers and more silver. I would sure like a a gold coin. Jewelry is nice but I still think the coin would be better. To me, there's more history behind the coin. Maybe I can go a slightly different direction and my goals would be to hit more private properties and to fine tune what I'm looking for.
    Apparently in this thread, which I commented on, there was a mention about Tony possibly coming up to the NE. AND I ACKNOWLEDGED IT and commented on it.... yet I completely forgot about it until Timmy was here. Wait...did I just point out a mistake I made??

As far as the goals.. I def got more LC this year than last year. The firs year brought two: a wiped copper and the '87 CT. This year I came up with an 1818, 1820, 1839, 1846, and 1853 Matron series. 2015 also brought a KG2 old head and a 1734 counterfeit. Also a wiped thick copper and the Nova. Idk how I had to edit and add the Nova... Strike #2? (ref above)

Last year had 1 crusty IH and an ok 1890 IH. This year was more than that with an 1859, 1887 and 1901..all better looking too. No gold coin, unfortunately... but that one is a longshot. I do believe I hit more private places this year and I am sure that I got a lot more private places on my own this year. Jewelry... I prob did about equal this year to last. A junk earing and ring vs a silver earing from last year. Silver count is prob the same, but I did get better silvers. Mercs and rosies, I Washington and 1 war nickel last year, while this year brought about a walker and seated and a Barber half. Still Mercs, Rosies, but less of them. Fine tune what I am looking for....ummm... not sure that is a lucid phrase. 'Cuz I pretty much dig more questionable targets and come up with more odd finds and decent finds. Yet also more trash. I definitely have dug more items in 2015 which are worth more in historical terms. I'm thinking for the Excelsior buckle and the medals. Would getting two silver plate buckles this year count as more silvers??? The silver plate knee (oval) and the one currently in the banner. Sure count as more for historical value. Sash-buckles prob broke even with. But I sure as hell dug more buckles in general this year.
    Last edited by MangoAve; 12-24-2015 at 12:28 PM.