hi guys,
The weather in Ohio finally broke. I got out for my first time this season I started hunting in a Field where in old school house stood. Me and one of my hunting buddy's Tom. We Hunted for a few hours. I found a large cent 1847.. Tom found a Indian head..
We left and got some coffee and a bite to eat. we did some cold knocking tracking down owners of property. We decided to go back to the spot we had last year old schoolhouse been in the same Field was a very old home ( there in 1858 and gone by 1878) we couldn't hunt the schoolhouse area due to the winter wheat so we concentrated on the old home site... It was a small site... We found a few buttons small patches of iron..then I got a good hit at 7 in Tom wanted to see what a good target look like on my detector... So I was showing him the 3030's screen ( he has a v3I) but I didn't realize how good of a target it was... So dug my hole and pull out what I thought at first was a large cent
But after running water over it and seeing the large shield... I knew it was not a large cent.. Wasn't sure what it was until I got to the house and did some investigating on the computer..
It looks to me like a Jersey copper..
That would be my first 1700's coin
sweet

What do you guys think?
And thank for looking!