Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found my first SEATED HALF!

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    Hey Tony, were you ever able to make out the writing on that aluminum token? I see it has quite a bit of the oxidation.
    I was not able to make it out, even after scrubbing it aggressively with an SOS pad. I think it is one of those machine stamped good luck souvenir tokens with someone's name and town listed on it. All I can make out is the first part of the name and "Ills." at the end.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Tony, you my friend are a metal detecting stud!!! Congratulations on an awesome hunt. That is a gorgeous pile of coins you have there.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

fantastic Tony or dare I say it "detecting stud extrodinaire " (Jack put me up to it ) incredible bunch of silver anytime when older silver coins outnumber newer ones .... well done sir!
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Tony, I've been waiting to post a reply. Every time I started to my jaw kept dropping open and I couldn't concentrate. That is one AMAZING day. I love finding seated coinage and found my first seated half dollar a little less than 2 years ago, in the same hole with a seated quarter. I also love finding Barbers, Indians and LC's and spend a lot of time researching areas where I'm likely to find them.

It's good to know some about house styles. I know if I find an eyebrow colonial it dates from about 1780-1820. Greek revivals in my area go from about 1825 to about 1845. Saltboxes and stone Dutch colonials can be some of the best and earliest. Knowing a bit about house styles can help decide what doors you want to knock on. Here's a great web page for house styles some may be interested in: http://architecture.about.com/od/per.../House-Styles/

Great finds!
    Best Finds for 2015

1871 British Gold half sovereign
    1786 New Jersey copper

1786 Vermont Landscape
    2 - 1787 Connecticut coppers
    4 King George II halfpence
    2 King George II Farthings
    3 Large cents
    5 - 1864 2 Cent Pieces
    1857 Seated Dime
    4 Barber Dimes
    Standing Liberty Quarter
    21 Addt'l Silver Dimes
    8 War Nickels
    31 Indians
    5 Shield nickels & 8 V nickels
    Victorian Silver Match Case c.1880
    29 Gram 14k gold bracelet

Tony,I got know .So how did Tim talk his way in there? Did you guys so up with detectors or how does it go?

Wow, what outstanding finds. Congratulations to you!!!

And you posted it before April Fools Day !!!
    Unbelievable hunt you had !!!! You basically pulled out all my favorites plus some still on my bucket list. (Boy, that seated...)
    Last weekend, I found my second V nickel and I basically killed it when trying to clean it. Virtually nothing left of it.

Congrats on that fantastic hunt you had !!
    Follow my Facebook Page : A Metal Detecting World

Tony, some incredible finds and a huge congrats on that seated 1/2. You must have still be smiling. A fantastic weekend of detecting with Tim and you both raked in the coinage. That mansion sure did give up the goodies, a little of every thing. I hope that everybody reading this whole posts gets it that "you never know until you ask".
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by don in ny View Post
    It's good to know some about house styles. I know if I find an eyebrow colonial it dates from about 1780-1820. Greek revivals in my area go from about 1825 to about 1845. Saltboxes and stone Dutch colonials can be some of the best and earliest. Knowing a bit about house styles can help decide what doors you want to knock on. Here's a great web page for house styles some may be interested in: http://architecture.about.com/od/per.../House-Styles/
    Thanks for the link Don ! Very interesting !
    Follow my Facebook Page : A Metal Detecting World

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    WOW!! You had a fantastic weekend Tony. Congrats on a first with the Seated Half, WTG.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

WOW Tony! Congrats on your first seated half!!! And the rest of that stuff is nothing to sneeze at either
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250