Thread: Brothers,,,,

Brothers,,,,

I rode up to Virginia to metal detect with my brother yesterday. He just bought a AT Pro and it was our first time detecting together. He had gained permission to hunt behind an old farmhouse where supposedly wagon travelers stopped to camp along the journey between two cities. I never did find any support for the story, but the hollow was out of the mid 30 degree wind,, so the spot did have pros. For the hunt, I used the Ace 350 and dug every repeatable signal (though I did ignore two very obvious iron signals ). As is typical in woodlots between pastures, it was filled with shotgun headstamps from what I hope was multiple generations of kids shooting squirrels for the pot. All in all, the best finds were the horse shoe, axe head and my first flat button!! The button was marked "Treble Gilt Stand Col". All the good finds were made in the tractor paths.

Later in the afternoon, we hunted a wayside park, my old elementary school and my brothers yard. We found a bunch of clad and a few trinkets. ( the wings have a tab that says Victoria's Secret? )For these hunts I used a White's Quantum II that I bought on Thursday for $100. The machine looked brand new and came with the original 1997 receipt and manual. It was pretty obvious that someone had bought it and only used it once or twice, then packed it away. I kinda liked it. It doesn't have the VDI numbers, but in coins mode with coin ID on, it was very, very accurate. I would say that when it indicated $0.50 to $1, it was indeed a coin 90% of the time. I'm looking forward to tinkering with this machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

Nice hunt. A real variety of finds. Sounds like you got your money's worth on the White's. I like the button. Thanks for sharing.
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00

It must of been great to hang out with your brother and do some detecting especially in those areas of the pictures they look like sweet areas that hide alot of history. that button is sure an oldie .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I've picked up the same piece you found above the yellow toy. I threw mine out but I believe the sides are threaded. From the pics it looks more like you were digging in the woods only. At least you got that button, which should clean up nice, but did you make it toward the house and the same side of the water? There looks like a massive tree to the left of the structure. Possibly might have been picnics under it, kids climbing it even when it was a younger tree....ect. Took me a min about the wings. The phone browser has option to zoom, but sometimes bigger screen shows it better...and now I realize why they are angel wings. lol

Nice hunt. Looks like a beautiful place to hunt.

That button looks really cool, nice find.
    I found that exact same mason jar lid yesterday. Mine says "Genuine Boyd cap" on it.
    Iv'e never seen a white glass one before this week end. Pretty cool find..
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by mownomo View Post
    Nice hunt. A real variety of finds. Sounds like you got your money's worth on the White's. I like the button. Thanks for sharing.
    I was disappointed yesterday. The seller suggested that I try the Whites's for a couple of days before paying him, just to be sure I'd like it. I went to pay him yesterday and he backed out. Said he had sellers remorse as soon as I left the driveway with it. I was really looking forward to playing around with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    It must of been great to hang out with your brother and do some detecting
    Dan
    It really made for a good, fun competition too!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    I found that exact same mason jar lid yesterday. Mine says "Genuine Boyd cap" on it. Iv'e never seen a white glass one before this week end. Pretty cool find..
    There a pretty common find down here. This was the first one I'd found that had no writing on it. But it was complete, so I bought it home.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    I've picked up the same piece you found above the yellow toy. I threw mine out but I believe the sides are threaded.
    I believe it was a threaded plug for a weather proof electrical box. I threw mine out too.
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1