Thread: Questions on MXT 300

Questions on MXT 300

There is a MTX 300 for sale locally. I've sent the guy an e-mail and am waiting to see if still available. In the interim, do you guys/gals have any thoughts on the detector? First off, what's the difference between MTX, MTX 300 and MTX Pro??

As I have posted elsewhere, I'm looking to upgrade from the Ace 350. Would this be a fairly deep machine capable of routinely identifying silver coinage?

And lastly,, the listed price is $550 and the only description says "used very little". From what I've seen, $550 seems to be in the zone,,, correct?? Would the price vary from MTX 300 to Pro??

Thanks in advance.
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

An MXT 300 is just an MXT with a 12" coil. All else is the same.

The "Pro" is not the same machine. It has some different features... some like 'em, some don't. (I'm in the latter category.)

Price-wise, I can't answer your question.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Thanks for taking the time Lowjiber. I was able to research it a bit this morning. When they say an MXT is an E-Series machine,, are they talking about the type of coil?

2016 Totals
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

The MXT 300 comes with a Super 12 coil instead of the 950 that the MXT comes with. The MXT Pro has some additional features like ground grab, backlight, and 7 tone ID. I have a MXT 300 and love it however, I did sell the 12 inch coil and buy the Detech 10X12 SEF because it is lighter and just as deep or deeper. The MXT is a deep detector and can be a two tone detector when used in Relic mode trigger forward at 0 Disc. Everything Ferrous will give a low tone and non-ferrous targets will give you a high tone. I really like hunting in that mode but the C&J mode is good too !! It will be a big upgrade from your Garrett as far as depth and ID go. It also has IMHO the best ground tracking available. I have access to a coin garden that has been there for around 3 years. The only three targets are a 6 inch IH, 10 inch silver dime, and a 12 inch silver quarter. The garden is good clean ground other than the 3 targets and the MXT has no problem ID ing all three with the 10X12 SEF. I have owned several top end detectors such as the Minelab Etrac, Xterra 750, and the XP Deus. I would not trade my MXT for any of them.
    Whites TreasurePro, Oldest US Coin 1876 Seated Dime, Oldest Foreign Coin 1700's Chinese Cash Coin
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/pescadoremetaldetect
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/pescadoremetaldetecting

Well, the MXT 300 went home with me today. I called the guy up and it turns out he used to be a White's dealer. The machine looks like a closet queen that never saw any field use,,, at all. No scratches on the coil,, no dirt in the foam grip. Looks just about as close to new as used can get. I was able to negotiate down on the price some.

That 12 inch coil is a monster!! My arm was already sore from swinging this weekend. I'm sure a coil upgrade will happen soon. I don't know that I will sell it, but under what conditions would the 300 coil be preferable?

Goal#3 for 2015,,, upgrade equipment,,,,,,, CHECK!!!!

2016 Totals
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

I think you will love it!! I have used the MXT 300 for years!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.