Thread: Wisconsin Friends

Wisconsin Friends

Hey Everyone,

I'm Josh - I found the site from a youtube video (I've looked for the video again but cannot find it - Just know it was a Wisconsin metal detecting vid)

Anyway, I'm pretty new to the hobby and so far my girlfriend is the only person I've gone out with. Anyone else in the Milwaukee area who'd be willing to show the new guy the ropes?

Josh

Welcome to the forum, Josh!

We have a few members in your area, I think. You probably saw the forum advertised at the end of one of Fire Fighter 43's videos.

We're glad you joined us! Best of luck!
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Josh. Like Tony said, you might have seen my YouTube Channel. Here is a link if you want to subscribe. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCyzyld0P7tuKo8ZR0jTQpxA
    I would be more than happy to help you out. Send me a PM and we will see if we can come up with a time to get together. I live in southern Washington county area and work in West Allis.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Thanks guys!
    I've subbed and I was watching a few of your vids last night :-) I just didn't find the one where you said you were detecting with people from this site like I heard the first time.

I live in Oconomowoc, work in Waukesha and I am not afraid of driving - I'd be REALLY interested in how you decide on places to detect, if you detect parks now that there is that permit law junk, etc - I was looking at some really old maps I found on google and I've detected my girlfriends farm once so far - but yeah - I'll message you now :-)

Elite Member
    Josh, have you hit the parks in Oconomowoc. I know I have taken at least 10 silver out of Rosevelt park in the last two years as well as lots of Wheaties and a Buffalo or two. I would definitely spend some time there. Wisconsin Digger
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Hey guys,
    I'm new here also and currently living in Oak Creek. Been doing some research lately and have found tons of possibly awesome sites, many from the early 1800s that I suspect may still be virgin ground. So if someone wants to get together sometime, drop me a line!

PS: Also researching some ghost towns in SE Wi. area, and wouldn't mind sharing some info.

Heading out to try my luck on some public south of Milwaukee land where I recently located the old grist mill, saw mill, tavern, etc. on an 1856 Platt map. PM me if anyone wants to join in.
    Also, tomorrow planning to hit up at least one of 2 old city parks in the afternoon. Both date back to before 1840.