Thread: Living in Corpus Christi and not detecting

Living in Corpus Christi and not detecting

Down here working at Corpus Christi Naval Air Stattion (NASCC) and have not made it to the beach with my MD. I stopped along the road and hit a shell and broken glass area but the machine was a little crazy. I could not remember how to put it in beach mode (Minelab X-70). I took it to the Nation beach at Padre Island but they have a big we hate medal detectors sign at the gate. I have yet to see anyone swinging at the beach on Ocean Drive between the back gate and downtown. If anyone in the area has some tips please let me know. I will have plenty of time once I get a semi-permanant place to live while I am here. I don't want to end up heading back to Kansas in a few months with no sand on my detector.

cb - not in kansas
    Minelab X-70, Vibraprobe

Re: Living in Corpus Christi and not detecting

Is that Holiday Inn still on Ocean Drive not far outta the back gate? I used to hit the beach from there down toward town...back in the mid-80's.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Not much public access I can see from the back gate until the USS Lexington. The big chain hotels look to have their beaches contained but I have not actually been down to the sand. I really hope to hunt the public beach on the edge of all that when I can. Started to head down there yesterday but since it was the 4th I decided not to try. Maybe soon.

cb
    Minelab X-70, Vibraprobe

I lived there from like ohhhh 83-87, my dad was stationed at the base there. That whole area would be full of drunken sailor change, srping break money, and who knwos what else.

Wish I had more advice to give on on locations, but best of luck thumbsup01
    Jimmy - Minelab X-Terra 30 | White's BHID 300 | White's Spectrum XLT | Vibra-Probe 570
    My Blog

Luck is what I need since skill is in short supply at the moment. I did figure out how get my machine in beach mode and read some post on salt water MDing with the X-70. There is a beach on base that I need to find. I am planning on hitting a pubic beach this morning and seeing what I can find. I will consider this a training outing.
    cb
    Minelab X-70, Vibraprobe