Thread: My 62 clad coin spill is now 63,,,

My 62 clad coin spill is now 63,,,

Having hunted with the new MXT a little bit now, I decided it was time for a test. Would it indeed go deeper that the Ace 350. A year ago, on a friends property I found a 62 clad coin spill. I spent an hour that day working a patch of ground 3 ft. by 3 ft. until I had every signal out of there. Every time I go to his property I've gone back to see if any coins got missed. I reckon I've double checked that hole a half dozen times with 2 different machines, and no signals were found,,,,,,, until today. The MXT sniffed out another 1967 dime and a small brass clothing snap. Both were down 7-8 inches and gave weak but repeatable signals.

I was also able to check off another item on the beginners metal detecting "must find" list,,, a spoon. It was pretty clear that it was plated at one time and had a makers mark,,, "Brown & Bros.". I found two sources that state the following,,, so I felt pretty happy with my crappy old beat up spoon. At least it made 1800's. I may not be digging up Seated silver or colonial copper yet,,,, but I'm getting there.

Brown & Bros.
    Waterbury, CT 1851-1886 Brass, copper, and German
    silver manufacturer. Began making silver plated flatware
    in 1874. Went out of business in Jan., 1886.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

I'm glad your MXT was able to find another coin in that spill. That should give you confidence that it will find the deeper targets for you.

The old spoon is an interesting find too. It's neat that you were able to find an accurate date range for it.

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Well, you at least got a 12 year span to date that spoon. And apparently this is why Dave and Todd chose the MXT.

It's been an interesting transition so far. Having the VDI is both a blessing and a curse I suppose. I've chased several VDI that turned out to be rusted iron or pull tabs. Another new and interesting feature for me is the proportional volume and ability to hear differences in tones ( such as crackling and such ). It's kind of like learning to speak another language. After the obligatory 100 hours of use, I suspect I will love this machine. It's clearly an upgrade from what I had.
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

Glad to see you are liking the MXT !! It will definitely find deep coins (at least in my soil). The more you use it the more you will love it. I wouldn't take for mine.
    Whites TreasurePro, Oldest US Coin 1876 Seated Dime, Oldest Foreign Coin 1700's Chinese Cash Coin
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/pescadoremetaldetect
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/pescadoremetaldetecting

Glad to hear you like the MXT and congratulations on your finds.