Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heat sent us swimming

Re: Heat sent us swimming

Maybe I'll take some vids Sunday. We'll see. I plan on being in the water, detector in hand, most of the time.
    Next year I think I'm gonna get another new camera, the Olympus EP1. It can go underwater and takes pics as well as HD vids I believe. Gotta start checking specs on underwater cameras.

For now, I'm gonna get a disposable underwater camera to get some snapshots. I don't like the idea of waiting for pics to be developed. I'm spoiled on digital technology.

So... anyway.... this morning I mentioned a spot for Joe to go water detecting while I was working. He went and didn't find much. He learned later in the day they dredge that section of the river for gold nuggets, etc... oopsie.... guess the dredgers have already been there.

Some really nice finds Donna. Tell Joe to leave some there for you lol

I just noticed that in the very first set of photos you posted, the ring on the right is a Claddagh ring like the one Angel found last year. At the time I looked it up and it symbolizes You hold my heart in your hands, and I crown it with my love. and Let love and friendship reign forever. Cool find!

I'll bet the gold rings are coming soon
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Some really nice finds Donna. Tell Joe to leave some there for you lol

I just noticed that in the very first set of photos you posted, the ring on the right is a Claddagh ring like the one Angel found last year. At the time I looked it up and it symbolizes You hold my heart in your hands, and I crown it with my love. and Let love and friendship reign forever. Cool find!

I'll bet the gold rings are coming soon
    The Cladagh rings are often used by the Irish as wedding bands. They come in silver, white gold and gold, and sometimes the heart is a colored stone, most often green. Joe has found a few of these, and me, with a lot of Irish in me, have asked if I could wear them each time he found them. He hasn't let me yet. Go figure... he hasn't sold them off...

So check this.... the ATV is scheduled to sell tomorrow, which disappoints me. But anyway...
    While I'm working, Joe will meet the buyer and make the transaction. His plan is to hit the scuba shop on the way home and pick up some weight belts, soft weights and some water shoes. At least that's all I suggested... who knows what he'll come home with.

Regardless, I expect the shoes and belts with weights for Sunday. We'll see.

I'll miss that ATV... might just have to get another one some day.

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

From the land of the Bluenose....a great day all around.
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

you both have a gorgeous spot to hunt.that's a lake right? or a cove in the ocean?
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    you both have a gorgeous spot to hunt.that's a lake right? or a cove in the ocean?
    Lakes/ponds ... haven't hit the ocean yet, but there's a shipwreck along the shore I wanna explore. I just wanna get scuba certified first and have all the gear.