Thread: What is an item everyone else seems to find often but you rarely find?

What is an item everyone else seems to find often but you rarely find?

For me it's Indians. I dig the signals and they always turn out to be wheats, zincs or worn copper memorials. Last year I got more large coppers than Indians . So far this year it's 4 coppers- 3 Indians and the 3 indians were found in the same hole. I'm not complaining though but I do wish I dug few more of them
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

I almost never find silver Rosie's or GWs. Probably a good indicator that most of the spots I get to have been Cherry Picked pretty thoroughly.
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Colonial relics
    I <3 colonial relics!

I'm at zero Indians for the year right now. So I guess I can fall into that category as well. I never find any toe taps either.
    Detectors: dual wield at-pros, t2
    oldest copper- 1717 KG I
    oldest US silver- 1832 capped bust dime
    "Swords into plowshares"

there are some pretty common items for us cellar hunters that I just don't seem to find

a spur
    a iron horse stirrup even though I chase them iron targets
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I've never found an ox knob.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    be careful of what you ask Tony
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Silver of any kind lol I find wheat and IHs but hardly ever silver o Well I will dig IHs all day long
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    be careful of what you ask Tony

No SLQs for me. I bet Tony has found as many SLQs as I have ox knobs.
    Hey I wonder if the mccormick reaper allowed people to ditch oxen in favor of horses just as the mid west was settled..? Makes sense in my dimly lit world
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Hey I wonder if the mccormick reaper allowed people to ditch oxen in favor of horses just as the mid west was settled..? Makes sense in my dimly lit world
    Possibly the reaper gave a slight decline in oxen which was in the mid 1800s. The push out west for farming had to do with it too. And then the final thing was the tractor after the internal combustion engine built and sold commercially. Weren't farmers still plowing fields with oxen regardless if they used horses for the harvest up until tractors came along? Just adding speculation here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    got one of those today, thought it was gonna be a copper
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button