Thread: i need your opinion

i need your opinion

so i have the chance to buy a brand new,never used,still in the box Garrett AT pro for $370 and want to know if this is a good deal.
    as some of you know i am basically a 100% coin hunter and use a fisher f4 for my hunting, the f4 runs on 7.5khs which ive found to be great at finding coins but the AT pro runs on 15khs which i thought is better on small gold things rather than coins such as coppers,large cents and silver coins, am i right ?.
    your in put would really help me out here.
    cheers folks.

true the higher frequency will be hotter on the gold , lead , brass buttons and smaller non ferrous targets but it will hit on coins with no problems too. that sounds like a great deal on an AT Pro Lee !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

That's a great deal new. Lemme buy it if you don't.
    They do very well for coins, silver, and gold from all the vids and reports I've seen.
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

I cant speak on the fisher but I have no problems hitting coins in fact I have ALOT of success. True The at pro is a brass, lead and copper magnet but I typically known im digging a trashy target but i still cant resist $370 is a good deal.

Great deal! What are you waiting for?
    Minelab CTX 3030
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab GoFind 60
    Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
    Garrett AT ProPointer
    Garrett Recovery Tool
    Stealth 720i Sand Scoop
    Vibra-Quatic 2 Pinpointer
    Land and Sea Pinpointer
    Lesche Digging Tool
    Lesche 40" Shovel
    Lesche Piranha Shovel
    2007 Jeep JK to get me to where the treasure is!

My Youtube Channel! American Digger in Europe:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AmericanDiggerInEurope

Yup, lower freqency is better for the coins. Yes, there are a few videos where the ATP has hit some good coins. There was one with a silver cache in a river bank. Seems Isaac and RI Jim do well with it finding large cents and other coins, but yes it is more toward the gold and brass targets as others have stated. Think too about how the vx3 and v3i have 2.5k, 7.5k, and 22k. Al had a good luck getting a coin when only the 2.5k was used, as a con for 15kHz. $370 is a ridic good price, too. Retail is $699. So all things considered it's a positive.

15Khz is just fine for coins. The famous MXT runs at 14Khz, as does its forerunner, the M6 . I have both and their ability to find coins is identical, both from a disc and depth perspective. You should not notice any degraded performance on coins.
    Last edited by Lowjiber; 04-25-2015 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Corrected freq... thanks Jeff
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

thanks for your input folks, and ive just bought it !!!! , and i ended up getting it for $350 , im looking forward to setting it up in about an hour when ive done me honeydo list.
    once again thanks for your opinions .
    lee

Well, how much silver did you bag with the new rig? How many coppers?
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

aint been out with it yet bri but my god its a pretty detector , all the modes on it are great and seem to work well, im gona do a few air tests on it tomorrow.

Great buy Lee. The lower frequency can produce. We have had a lot of great finds posted here buy members using that machine.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Congrats!!! You're gonna love it. One tough machine and the customer service is next to none. I scratched my VDI face and called their factory. The next day, a new one (with installation instructions) was in the mail for NO cost. The rubber button on my Pro Pointer got torn from wear. A call and they sent me a new one and a spare. (again there was no charge) You made the right decision.
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Good deal although I have had lots of trouble with mine. Like any other machine....you must become one with it. Lots of good vids on youtube on its operation.
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!