Thread: The Wife Claimed This One

The Wife Claimed This One

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  48.4 KB
    Name:  012 (464x500).jpg
Views: 323
Size:  131.3 KB

Just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean I haven't been finding. I had to post this sweetheart though. You guys and gals know how much I LOVE the old stuff and this was "love at first sight" ..... even before I cleaned it.

I love this OLD 10K beauty and so did my wife. It's her size and all I have to do is have it soldered.

My best guesstimate is at least 100 years old. What do you think ?
    Last edited by fsa46; 04-24-2015 at 11:49 AM.
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

never seen a stone shaped and displayed in a ring like that Frank , its a beauty any way to get a straight on shot of the stone (do you know what the stone is ??) , if ya ever want to sell an oldie with a nice garnet (mine and my youngest Daughter's birth stone) let me know . congrats Frank.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Congrats on the BEAUTIFUL gold ring, Frank! I don't blame your wife for claiming that one! It is gorgeous.

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Nice find. It's obvi how it was lost. Lol. Looks like either pink sapphire or rubelite. It looks more like the latter, but the former is what you find in jewelry more often. Rhodolite is too dark to be this stone.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    never seen a stone shaped and displayed in a ring like that Frank , its a beauty any way to get a straight on shot of the stone (do you know what the stone is ??) , if ya ever want to sell an oldie with a nice garnet (mine and my youngest Daughter's birth stone) let me know . congrats Frank.
    Thanks guys.

These are before it was cleaned. I don't know what the stone is Dan but will find out when I have it soldered. My wife also liked the different setting.

Last edited by fsa46; 04-24-2015 at 02:00 PM.
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

Good to see your posts again Frank, always killing in on the gold. She's a beautiful oldie
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

congrats on your find i have the same problem at my house my wife loves the rings i have found

Great find on the ring. Congratulations to you.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Wow, that is a beauty. I would also have a hard time keeping that one off my wife's finger , WTG.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

That is a pretty ring. . It looks like it has some age to it, I can understand the wife grabbing on to it.
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

I'd think that is late Victorian or possibly Edwardian period, at least 100 years old! Incredible find!
    Detectors: dual wield at-pros, t2
    oldest copper- 1717 KG I
    oldest US silver- 1832 capped bust dime
    "Swords into plowshares"

Good for your wife, I don't blame her. It's a beautiful ring.
    Congrats to both of you. LOL
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

I don't blame her !
    That's a stunner!
    Great find Frank!
    Congrats!!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Wow, what a beautiful ring! It's definetely 1800's.
    I <3 colonial relics!

That ring is just BEAUTIFUL ! Congrats !
    Glen
    Always looking for that next ring !!

Thanks everyone. GL&HH

My fiance wants me to find jewelry because of the investment into the ctx and new accessories but she wants to keep everything. Typical

I nicknamed the "ruby" ring a Vicky ring.
    I had just bought a Crown Victoria, ruby red...first time out detecting with the car I found a similar ring I still wear today. My wife also wears one I found that fit her.

Welcome to the Vicky Ring club. Love the old style, engraved rings also.