Thread: Wisconsin drought over double digit Silver

Elite Member

Wisconsin drought over double digit Silver

It's been a rough last couple of weeks as I have not located any new spots and the old standbys are running pretty dry. I planned on heading to a Park I hunted last year with hopes of maybe finding 1 more silver but my GPS had other ideas. For some reason my GPS took me too far North so I changed plans and was going to head to a different area. As I was about to turn I decide to go straight on a road I was not on before and found a Park just a couple hundred yards down the road. Park looked old enough to try so I pulled in. Started by a playground and stand and had no luck. I decided to work my way over to the ball field and eventually found a wheat. I eventually found a small area on the 3rd base side of the field that turned out to be super. I'll let the pictures tell the rest. Great day and a super silver result. Also picked up 15 Wheaties with a few in the teens. Happy Hunting Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

WOW! Great haul my friend. Funny how a wrong turn can lead to more treasure sometimes. Well done and thanks for sharing. HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Wow, awesome hunt. Thank God your GPS was acting up. Thats an amazing score.
    I had that type of situation last year, I couldn't find much at a community Center until I hit the 3rd base side of the ball field.
    I scored on the mercs.
    That was in Wisconsin as well.
    Congrats on a fantastic bunch of Silver & Wheats
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

You have some outstanding find there, congratulations to you.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Amazing hunt, to find a public park with that much silver is just awesome. Congrats and WTG.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Great silver day. My best silver day is not even close. I wonder if maybe the old ball park food vendor was in that spot
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

That is a TON of silver, unbelievable!! Huge congrats!!
    Detectors: dual wield at-pros, t2
    oldest copper- 1717 KG I
    oldest US silver- 1832 capped bust dime
    "Swords into plowshares"

Elite Member
    I definitely do think something got sold in that specific area because all the old coins were in one area and the area was flooded with pull tabs. I wish the whole park had potential but it looked like and area about 30 by 30 feet held all the old coins. It was fun for half a day though, its been a long time since I found that much silver and I have never found 2 SLQ's in one day. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

That is a haul of Silver! . AWESOME
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

I don't think this would work for the movie "wrong turn". Lol. Great bunch of silver. I have a few spots that seem hidden from view like your park so I am hoping when I make it to them, they will have some good finds like yours. I haven't gotten to them yet because I have other focuses right now like permissions and these are further drives. Good to know new places can come along and end the dry spells.

Man, that is a pile of the shiny stuff
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

WOW!

Excellent hunting and don't forget to thank that GPS. WOW on the silvers and 15 wheats is fantastic.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

That is one great day of hunting,congrats!

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Some very nice looking silver. it is true.....dig and they will come! Trust the silver parade will continue for you!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!