Thread: First beach hunt.

First beach hunt.

Well I made it out for my first beach hunt last week. I went down to Isle of Palms in SC for a business/pleasure trip. I was able to complete a couple short hunts in the evenings around low tide. I only found two dimes and five pennies for a total of 25 cents. . I was amazed at how much real estate there is to hunt at low tide.. The Beach was probably 50 yards wide and I can't imagine that I even covered a tiny fraction of the area. . Anyway I had a great time getting to walk the beach for a while and the VX3 with the 10x12 SEF ran stable in the wet and dry sand. Maybe someday soon I'll get another try at it.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  40.4 KB
    Ron
    Last edited by Ronandari; 04-26-2015 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Add picture
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Looks like awesome place to hunt. Glad you had a good day on the beach.
    Good Luck next time
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

I have never hunted on the beach but hopefully in the near future I will. Enjoy.

Looks like a nice spot. I don't know anything about the VX3, but that 10x12 SEF is a killer on my Sovereign GT.
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache