Thread: last weekend was a busy one! cellar hole hunt sat & Diggin in New England Sunday

last weekend was a busy one! cellar hole hunt sat & Diggin in New England Sunday

My friend Thomas Dorr from Michigan has been dreaming of hunting a colonial cellar hole for years now.That dream became a reality Saturday as he decided to make the drive down to our event for sunday (Diggin in New England)
    got to the site early.Todd ,Thomas,Mike and myself headed to the 1st site which todd and myself have never hit yet.
    a few buttons here n there.Tom got a nice signal he pin pointed,opened the hole ad there it was.a nice 1787 CT copper.he was elated!
    todd dug a couple of coppers then we decided to go back to the war of 1812 button site.
    Todd got a nice coin signal and decided to let Mike from Tenn dig it.turned out to be a gorgeous 1828 matron head.
    then i got a KGIII Hibernia and a toasted CT.was a great day and everyone left with coins.
    Sunday was overwhelming! never had I imagined everyone that said they were coming to the diggin in new england event would come..they did! 130 plus people.great laughs,great prizes,some cool finds and a experience I will never forget.
    Thanks to everyone who donated prizes and participated.we raised over $5,000 for local charities.you guys are awesome!
    Attached Images Attached Images            
    Last edited by HEAVYMETALNUT; 05-07-2015 at 08:56 PM.
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

The hibernia has insane details !!! Congrats on a really fun weekend
    I <3 colonial relics!

I'm glad to see Thomas come away with some colonial "goodies" , especially coming from all that way . you and Terry did a great thing by raising monies for charity and giving everyone a place to come together and detect Dave . Well done
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hats off to you Dave! That was a well-run event! Also, wonderful that you let your friend dig that coin. You were repaid with that outstanding Hibernia. Some great pics but I have to say I'm partial to the 7th one down, not because of the pretty lady, or all those digging whiz guys, but because I'm between the two on the right.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Dave, some nice finds and I think that its great that Tom and Mike both left with some colonial coinage. Also a fine job setting up the D.I.N.E..
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

WOW that Hibernia is amazing. Glad to see your guests got the proper New England Cellar hole experience. Great finds and it was a pleasure to finally meet you at DINE.
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Dave, I can't say it enough on the great success of the D.I.N.E. You put a lot of effort into it and it showed. It ran so smooth and I have to say it was a big hit. I am happy with the charities you chose. great job.
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

thanks!hopefully we can do this again!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Quote Originally Posted by Thiltzy View Post
    Dave, I can't say it enough on the great success of the D.I.N.E. You put a lot of effort into it and it showed. It ran so smooth and I have to say it was a big hit. I am happy with the charities you chose. great job.
    Dave took care of everything with the DINE? Too bad I couldn't make it. A pissing contest I didn't win.... and what I lost to wasn't really worth it either. Hopefully something can happen again like that. Or even something smaller. Love that Hibernia.

Drew, that might be a photobomb fail .. I couldn't tell that was you.

Wow that is a sweet coin Dave so wonderful of you and Todd made dreams come true!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Good job turning you buddies onto some cellar hole goodies and nice job on the DINE hunt Dave. It was a good time.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Definitely a job well done, both Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure your guests Saturday were very appreciative of the hospitality you and Todd showed them.
    If I had to give the D I N E event a grade, it would be

Awesome finds & friends!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

It sounds like the D.I.N.E. event was an amazing time for all. It would have been awesome to attend, but a little far for us.
    I don't know much about the stuff you find up in your neck of the woods, but based on all the posts, I guess you had a great day.
    I always find he buckles you dig amazing. I would love to pull something like that out of the ground.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos