Thread: Naughty Coin!

Naughty Coin!

Diane and I went out Thursday and took a friend out to the field to try his luck. Fairly new to detecting he has not found anything “old” so we hoped he would get his first keeper today. That goal was accomplished when he dug a mid to late 1800’s suspender clip, not the coin as I was hoping for him to find but he was very happy anyway! I was semi skunked with just a couple of fired round balls and a few pieces of decorated copper. Diane saved the family honor though, in a field where this season we have dug 12 Large Cents she came through with number 13! It is a detailed 1845 and she was very happy, though her joy was a bit tempered when I showed her the coin after I cleaned it. She looked at the reverse and said “Now why would anyone do that” you will see what she meant on this “Naughty Coin”! She got over it though when realized she had something “different”

Last edited by Ill Digger; 05-10-2015 at 07:28 AM.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

A brothel token! Naughty number 13!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Oh My!!
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Great find !!!
    Follow my Facebook Page : A Metal Detecting World

Ya I can see where she might not be too pleased. It can be a dirty hobby.
    Dig Colonial or Go Home

Personal Website www.cttodd.com

That's a great find! You don't see those too often.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Somebody got bored lol. Nice find.
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

So what do you think that coin would be rated. My guess would be XXX.

I wonder why it was always done on the matrons. Maybe that's around the time when the word came about. Would this now be considered more of a token?