Thread: 5 Copper Day with some "priceless moments"

5 Copper Day with some "priceless moments"

I see that Dave already described our busy weekend so I wont get into many details. The priceless moments I am referring to in my Title were when Thomas and Mike dug up their first Colonial Cellar Hole coins. Both of their coins were in beautiful condition. The smiles on their faces were "priceless". The biggest High lite of course was the success of the D.I.N.E hunt. My hats off to Dave Wise, Terry Charest, and Tim Matthew. They put a lot of work into making it all happen.
    Some of my finds from Saturday's hunt included a beautiful watch winder, 1787 Fugio Cent, 1820 Matron, 1844 Braided Hair an unidentifiable Copper and two new friends from Michigan and Tennessee. The Matron and Braided hair was a pocket spill for me in the same hole. We found 8 coppers together for the day. You can watch the hunt here with some great moments : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMVIlOh_z2k
    Attached Images Attached Images            
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

That Fugio is just fantastic!!! Great video as well... you're an awesome person for letting the guests dig some coin signals and let them find their new oldest coins Sounds like you had a great weekend!!!
    I <3 colonial relics!

Great finds Todd. Nice to talk with you at DINE. Happy hunting!
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Love that Fugio Todd. Very sweet.

A day to remember Todd...even for you
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Great score on the braided hair and the fugio. Oh yeah, and the watch key. When I get home I might have to see that video on YouTube. I'm subscribed to Isaac and Tony...maybe I shall find the Thiltz on there.

Super finds and awfully nice of you guys to share that is what detecting is all about it is not just a hobby but a lifestyle as well!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Wow! What a great bunch of finds! I love the watch winder, it cleaned beautiful.
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

great looking braided and fugio , super finds and great clean up on them as usual .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Great hunt Todd. That's a hunt they will never forget. Nice to meet you at DINE. Fugio is one of my favorite coppers and yours is a nice one
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Great hunt guys. I appreciate the awesome northern hospitality. We really enjoyed our time hunting with you fellas and I appreciate the coin you let me dig and the one Dave brought and gave to me in Rhode Island. A time I will remember the rest of my life. Again thank you guys so much and your welcome to come to Tennessee anytime to hunt with me. There won't be any cellar holes but just a few civil war relics here and there which I'm sure would not be worth your trip being you fellas have the oldest of the old right there in your own back yards.
    One find at a time.

WTG Todd. Been wondering where you guys have been.
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album