Thread: Awesome hunt with Isaac down in Virginia!

Awesome hunt with Isaac down in Virginia!

After two years of talking, Isaac and I finally got to hunt together! My dad and I drove down Saturday morning, met up with Isaac and hunted for a while in a large field. We first tried to hunt the yard by isaacs 1700s blacksmith shop but had trouble with the emi ( telephone poles were nearby). Then we moved on to the field. Dad got a pewter spoon and a really nice large Zouave button in the corner. While dad was working the edges Isaac and I were doing the center and after awhile Isaac called me over and said he got a musketball and then a button. To our disappointment it was a navy fashion button. I then got a pistol bullet not sure what type. Isaac was digging some lead when I got a sweet 85 on the at pro and got a braided largie at 3 inches! I checked with dad afterwards and he had gotten a flat button with a plated backmark. I punded the area and pulled a tombac and Isaac got a chewed .52 sharps dimple base!! At this point the site was looking really good! We pushed deeper in and dad soon got a three ringer and maybe a shoe bucjle frame. We took a break, came back and hit a little civil war patch, Isaac got an Enfield part and perfect Minnie ball, I got a huge chunk of melted lead and dad got a eagle button back. Isaac and dad Went back toward the front while I stayed back and soon enough, Dad found a KGIII. (Isaac also found a piece of sterling in the area but I forget when that was) I headed up to check it out and Isaac then dug a sweet merril carbine billet. I got a faint high tone on my at pro, dug down pretty deep and pulled out another copper ( looks like it could've been a draped bust based in the wreath but I can't tell) then our party was crashed by an archeologist who went into some spiel about how she opposes detectorists and told us to leave. I don't know who she was but she pulled up with two other fancy cars as her entourage or something. She was really snooty so we just left to avoid serious conflict. We then went scouting, saw some cool old homes and then tried a new spot that could've been a homesite but then it stated to rain hard and there was lighting so we called it a day. There was a Torrential downpour once we got in the truck so glad we left! Had a blast with Isaac, loved meeting and hunting with someone so cool! We will be doing it again as soon as time allows. HH and thanks again Isaac!
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Detectors: dual wield at-pros, t2
    oldest copper- 1717 KG I
    oldest US silver- 1832 capped bust dime
    "Swords into plowshares"

That's a super day for sure. Good for you
    Dig Colonial or Go Home

Personal Website www.cttodd.com

Nice finds there Issac ,vanzutphen

Wonderful saves And I stressed saves because if it would have been left to those type of Archies those items would be there for another two hundred years.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

its nice to see you and Isaac finally getting out together Luke , congrats to you and your Dad on making some very good finds . from those results I suspect more visits with Isaac are already in the planning stages??

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Nice finds. Can't wait to hunt with you in June! Hope you and Isaac can get together again.
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Congrats on a stellar hunt !
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Great job! Not many LCs at 3inches...at least not around here.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Great finds guys and I guess, a fantastic time together. Way to go !
    Follow my Facebook Page : A Metal Detecting World

Great finds, congratulations to you.

Glad you guys could get together. You managed to pull a lot of great stuff out of the ground. It's always nice when you can get together with good friends and do some hunting.
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

If you have the legal right to MD there, NEVER LET ANYONE RUN YOU OFF!
    Minelab CTX 3030
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab GoFind 60
    Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
    Garrett AT ProPointer
    Garrett Recovery Tool
    Stealth 720i Sand Scoop
    Vibra-Quatic 2 Pinpointer
    Land and Sea Pinpointer
    Lesche Digging Tool
    Lesche 40" Shovel
    Lesche Piranha Shovel
    2007 Jeep JK to get me to where the treasure is!

My Youtube Channel! American Digger in Europe:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AmericanDiggerInEurope

Thank you everyone for the kind replies! Isaac and I will get together again when our schedules clear up! This hunt was one of my favorite ever!
    Detectors: dual wield at-pros, t2
    oldest copper- 1717 KG I
    oldest US silver- 1832 capped bust dime
    "Swords into plowshares"