Thread: Odd plate - Vintage car?

Odd plate - Vintage car?

Hello all,

Was out last weekend and found this. Have no clue what it can be. All I can think of is some part of an old car. All letters can be easily read and the Co at the end probably stands for Company. I can't figure out exactly the order of the other letters : EMRT...? Diameter is 4 inches. Probably not the find of a lifetime but I would still like to know what it is.

Any help is welcome !

Name:  IMG_2522.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  92.1 KB
    Last edited by Restoring Your Finds; 05-19-2015 at 09:52 PM.
    Follow my Facebook Page : A Metal Detecting World

I'm not usually the one to ID anything.
    But it's a neat find. It looks to have some age to it IMO.
    Whats the back look like?
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

wow very cool looking plate , traditionally the "monogrammed" styled (love tokens , badges , company logos ) are read from the middle letters outward. I'm with Tim and would like to view the reverse.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

My guess... TM ER Co. TM Electric Railway Co.?

Thanks for your feedback guys ! The back is pretty plain. To me, it looks pretty old. Chief, that could be it ! Del, thanks for the info on the letters. I didn't know that !

Name:  IMG_2523.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  97.7 KB

Interesting. I didn't even notice the piece on the back where it could spin. I only saw the hole in the top. Could the TM stand for 'The Milwaukee' as in The Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Co? I wonder what something from Milwaukee was doing in NY, tho...aside from something like a coin.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    Interesting. I didn't even notice the piece on the back where it could spin. I only saw the hole in the top. Could the TM stand for 'The Milwaukee' as in The Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Co? I wonder what something from Milwaukee was doing in NY, tho...aside from something like a coin.
    It sure looks like it even though I have not been able yet to find a similar item from that company. And just like you, I am really unable to explain why such an item would be found in Westchester County, NY.

They have a dedicated website, (http://www.tmer.org/Section/History/...any/index.html). Perhaps you could contact them with a pic of your badge and they could provide more info.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos