Thread: PINPOINTER for LOST TINY GOLD STUD EARRING

PINPOINTER for LOST TINY GOLD STUD EARRING

Hi, I have a Garrett Pro-Pointer, but it will not register a matching lost tiny gold earring. Is there a pro-pointer that is hyper-sentsitive that would register a tiny gold stud earring?

Re: PINPOINTER for LOST TINY GOLD STUD EARRING

Not sure what to say - I found a tiny gold ball earring and a small silver earring using my Garrett Pro-Pointer. You do have to be within 1-1/2 from your target from what I've been told.

Veteran Member

There is a way to make the propointer more sensitive by taping a nickel to the side. I lost the link, but if you google around, you may find it. I think I originally saw it on youtube. It actually seems to work, at least if you believe the video. Good luck finding it.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Just thought of this - when my Pinpointer was acting up several months ago I changed out the battery (mine takes a 9 volt) and it made all the difference. Maybe it is your battery?

Quote Originally Posted by KINCUMBER View Post
    Hi, I have a Garrett Pro-Pointer, but it will not register a matching lost tiny gold earring. Is there a pro-pointer that is hyper-sentsitive that would register a tiny gold stud earring?
    A Vibraprobe is a pulse induction pinpointer...it will hit on anything.

Additionally, a SunRay probe will have no problems picking up the tiny gold earring. However, they are probes, as opposed to pinpointers, and are machine specific. Here's the link to their site: http://www.sunraydetector.com/ Give them a call if your detector is one that they list. You'll find them to be the nicest people you've ever dealt with.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Strange the pro wont pick that up isnt it??I have the vibra probe. (doesnt go very deep)Im really hooked on the sunray probe tho myself.I love being able to use the detectors settings to probe my holes(which are full of iron most of the time).This way I get what im after instead of digging all the iron up.I recently had to send my sunray back,The field was broke and ity was going nuts.Anyways I started using the vibra probe as my backup...I started having to give up on some holes because i couldnt find the target.I think the depth ability was my main issue.I get about 3 to 4 inches with my sunray on auto sens. Good Luck on your choice!! HH
    E-Trac

Quote Originally Posted by NiagaraCountyNY View Post
    Strange the pro wont pick that up isnt it??I have the vibra probe. (doesnt go very deep)Im really hooked on the sunray probe tho myself.I love being able to use the detectors settings to probe my holes(which are full of iron most of the time).This way I get what im after instead of digging all the iron up.I recently had to send my sunray back,The field was broke and ity was going nuts.Anyways I started using the vibra probe as my backup...I started having to give up on some holes because i couldnt find the target.I think the depth ability was my main issue.I get about 3 to 4 inches with my sunray on auto sens. Good Luck on your choice!! HH
    I love my Sunray probe too. Can't be without the discrimination function and love seeing (and hearing) that 12-46 signal lol But in my soil I get about 2 in auto and a hair over 3 in max manual. It does false a bit more when sensitivity is at max on my E Trac. But I love that probe!!
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold