Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new Staff Member !

Welcome Drew!!!!

Now you have to send me an ox knob - I still have never seen one in real life
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Kemper View Post
    "...don't offend anyone in any way. " I don't think that is possible in reality when discussing metal detecting issues.
    Yes it can be a challenge Kemper , especially when your not faced to faced when conversing with that individual but I have lots of faith in that you will at least give it an honest try. You did come here to contribute in a positive way , and not just to ruffle feathers and see how long you'd last on this website ?? I think you could add interesting dialogue an some humor Kemper but its really up to you if you want to remain here isn't it .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Let me know where to send 'em Angie. I'll give you some regular ones and a show knob! The round ones were for taking the oxen to the fair.
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 06-30-2015 at 04:58 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Kemper,
    Having been on here for over a year it seems to be drama free forum....for the most part. As far as Dan said...I hope it's understood it's not easy to define certain lines. Like machine bashing for one. We can all have an opinion, but there's a fine line between bashing and giving an honest low review which is hard to define. Those who read should understand too that some things can be an opinion. Is there really any guarantee? Can people unread something? I feel it is their fault if they choose to be stubborn if they get offended when someone has to correct them even if involves calling them out a bit.

I'm working for a place that tries to apply a cookie cutter approach to everything when not everything fits within the specified criteria. That being said even the little things can offend some and I'm quite sure moderators will sympathize but explain things are still acceptable and explain to the complainer that nothing will be done.

A guy I get out with says he likes to get out with me cuz I don't tell him howto detect. I have learned there is no correct way to hit any site. Idk.. so far I have been satisfied with the information provided here and hope it continues cuz questions always arise.

Was it absolutely necessary to add another moderator? Idk. But does it really have a cost associated with adding one? I don't think so. There was a reason it was done, however. Drew has been great as far as info he provides. I do like your initiative to spark ideas and hope they continue about the sport...and it ends up yielding useful answers on her.

Ang, I might part with one I found recently if Drew won't part with one. I'm sure he's found more, however. Lol.

For those who may not be aware, we lost two moderators recently, Tanacat and Lowjiber. We also lost Cody a while back, as well as Coinnut and jkress who were administrators. All of these staff members were very valuable to the forum and we hated to see them go. Life happens, people move on sometimes.

So, even though we have added OxShoeDrew as a moderator, the overall size of our staff has actually shrunk, not increased.

As anyone who has been here for any length of time knows, this forum is virtually free of the drama, bickering and name-calling that plagues other forums. Yes, part of that is because we're smaller, but it's also because of the overall demeanor and general intelligence of our members here. We do not allow insults and disrespect to take place here, so people who engage in that kind of interaction soon move on to other venues.

All topics related to metal detecting are open for respectful discussion here and always will be.
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 06-30-2015 at 04:50 PM.
    Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    As anyone who has been here for any length of time knows, this forum is virtually free of the drama, bickering and name-calling that plagues other forums. Yes, part of that is because we're smaller, but it's also because of the overall demeanor and general intelligence of our members here. We do not allow insults and disrespect to take place here, so people who engage in that kind of interaction soon move on to other venues.

All topics related to metal detecting are open for respectful discussion here and always will be.

Well put Tony. What makes AD such a great forum is that the moderators set the tone by the way they comport themselves. Drew will fit right in.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Glad you got the job Drew!! I know you will be a great asset to an already awesome Moderating Crew!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    For those who may not be aware, we lost two moderators recently, Tanacat and Lowjiber. We also lost Cody a while back, as well as Coinnut and jkress who were administrators. All of these staff members were very valuable to the forum and we hated to see them go. Life happens, people move on sometimes.

So, even though we have added OxShoeDrew as a moderator, the overall size of our staff has actually shrunk, not increased.

Thanks for the update Tony!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Congratulations Drew , you're a good choice . You have a level head , a great love of the hobby and a great sense of humor .

CONGRATS Drew Ive not been on here a lot this year due to the fact I've not gotten out a lot to go detecting but I love American Detectorist Forum and its cozy family feel you will be a great addition to the moderator team again
    Oldest Coin - 1830 Large Cent
    Oldest Silver - 1898 Barber Dime

Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro Pointer

Congratulations!