Thread: Silver Cross at Sunset

Silver Cross at Sunset

Haven't had much luck detecting the Fl beaches in the past few months, but have enjoyed the sunsets.
    Made a run out to a well know beach for shark teeth hunting the other day, and you could tell that summer vacation has kicked in. Since the beach was so crowded, we decided to hunt for shark teeth with the wife, until the beached cleared out around dinner time. So while scooping for teeth, we kept scanning the beach to see where people hung out. Then, that magic hour approached where it's like the dinner bell rings, and people head out. That's when the Sea Hunter gets fired up. On our second signal, a nice silver cross came out of the sand, but that was about it. Once again we did our part in cleaning up the beaches. Happy hunting all.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by buck57; 06-27-2015 at 11:38 AM.
    Just one more Beep!

Heavenly site...........................................

Being from the Pacific Northwest I never think of Florida as having ocean sunsets. Duh. I guess about half the state gets to see that. Nice little cross but I'm really liking the teeth.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Quote Originally Posted by donald sutphin View Post
    Heavenly site...........................................
    Yes, I would say that's exactly right Donald. Half of getting out and digging is getting out and enjoying your site, whether it be a cellar hole, old battle ground or the beach.
    Just one more Beep!

Quote Originally Posted by Skamaniac View Post
    Being from the Pacific Northwest I never think of Florida as having ocean sunsets. Duh. I guess about half the state gets to see that. Nice little cross but I'm really liking the teeth.
    Since moving down here a year and a half ago, the misses and I have dug up about 1500 teeth, and still enjoy it. But when your out detecting and get to see some awesome blood red sunsets, well life dong get much better than than. Good hunting to ya.
    Just one more Beep!

Used to do the same hunting thing in westmoreland county va. Hey buck i would be proud to clean up that find you got there and wear it, for a little faith goes a long way and doesnt hurt no one.

Used to do the same hunting thing in westmoreland county va. Hey buck i would be proud to clean up that find you got there and wear it, for a little faith goes a long way and doesnt hurt no one.
    So true Donald.
    Westmorelsnd Co, where about a is that. My folks are out side Manassas. I wish I detected growing up. Prime detecting in those parts. HH to ya
    Last edited by buck57; 06-29-2015 at 10:18 AM.
    Just one more Beep!

Wow, Great photos. Just beautiful !!
    Congrats on the Silver Cross
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Don View Post
    Wow, Great photos. Just beautiful !!
    Congrats on the Silver Cross
    Thanks Don. Normally my wife and I are on a beach some where every weekend, and if we are out until sunset, 9 times out of 10, they are spectacular. Now, if I can just start locating some GOLD.
    Just one more Beep!

Great post! The first pic has that wave crashing on the left... the sunset...storm brewing....silver....and teeth.
    I have a tooth collection too...I kept all the teeth that the Tooth Fairy gave me after visiting my kids
    Nice job on the find and post!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Great post! The first pic has that wave crashing on the left... the sunset...storm brewing....silver....and teeth.
    I have a tooth collection too...I kept all the teeth that the Tooth Fairy gave me after visiting my kids
    Nice job on the find and post!
    Thanks Drew. That wave crashing was the wife's favorite, plus she took that pic.
    The storms brew all that day, but never got us. I was just showing how the beach emptied out before I started detecting. Hey, like your tooth collection too
    Last edited by buck57; 06-30-2015 at 06:23 AM.
    Just one more Beep!

Hey buck westmoreland is below fredericksburg va and strattford cliffs on the potomac is where we used to find them.

Hey buck westmoreland is below fredericksburg va and strattford cliffs on the potomac is where we used to find them.
    sounds like a great place to hunt Donald. My brothers lives on the edge of the Chancellorsville Battle Field there in Fredrichburg. I took my detector once for an hour hunt and found a mini ball in his driveway. I need to make another trip back up there. Good hunting to ya
    Just one more Beep!

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    great looking photos and finds. Thanks for posting!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!