Thread: 1861 Canadian Large Cent On Birthday!!!

1861 Canadian Large Cent On Birthday!!!

OHHHHH CANADAAAAA!!!! I was able to get out for a bit locally today. I got wet as the woods are drenched....but I nabbed an 1861 New Brunswick large cent on the Canadian birthday...but this coin was made a few years before they became a country. Also a cool pendant ( rang up low for silver 75-anyone ever see anything like that?), a patent 1929 piggy bank cover, and a cool suspender buckle. Not bad for a short hunt! Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice Vicki LC!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Huh... You talk about buckles with Dan and you find a bunch. I mention your Canadia thing, you find a New Brunswick cent. What the heck is going on? That buckle looks almost identical to the last suspender one I commented about, except this one still has the teeth portion. I on the other hand got to travel 40 on the highway on the way to work and get drenched even tho I had an umbrella.

Jim, start talking about GW buttons!!! Yeah, hunting today was difficult...started in the light rain then stopped...but everything was soaked so I was a mess.
    Thank you Bucknut, I found a silver Canadian 1800s dime a few weeks back...I have a Canadian mojo going on!! (hey, just an observation, does anyone else think Victoria was slightly fetching in 1861?)
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 07-01-2015 at 02:25 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice Victoria Large cent. Don't see those dug too often around here
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Nice Canuck Large Cent and that is a great Buckle!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

At this rate, I see you migrating to Quebec soon. Belles reliques chaussure de bœuf Drew.

What's that silver ring up out of the hole ? Usually when I see a piece of silver ring low its because there was some iron very close, dragging the signal down.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Thanks everyone! Jeff, I checked it after it came out of the hole and it still 75. The colonial cufflinks I dug a few weeks ago did the same thing. "Belles reliques chaussure de bœuf Drew." Beautiful beef shoe relics? My French isn't what it used to be....oh wait, yes it is, bad
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Your French is better than mine Drew. I typed Ox Shoe into the translator. The literal English translation is "shoe of the beef"
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Very nice young Vicki LC Drew. Have found several older Canadian coins up in my neck of the woods, never an LC. Congrats.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

Thanks Guys...John, funny how there aren't many counties in the US with a predominant French Canadian population... but the ones near you (as one would expect), the New Orleans area, and only one county not in those two areas...my CT county. You can see it on this fascinating map http://i.imgur.com/FY04JtM.jpg
    I guess it's why I've found so much cool French things of late.
    Jeff-oł est le boeuf?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew