Thread: Seated!!!!

Seated!!!!

Yesterday after work I went back to the school site that I have been hitting the past few weeks and just like the last time I was there the first hole gave me a silver. This time a 1947 D rosie that was buried in the gravel and I ended up slashing a bit. Then 2 hour later I found a 1929 S merc and the 1928 Buff with in a few feet of each other.

As it was getting dark I thought about going home but there were a couple curb strips that are city owned that I wanted to try. This is a very old town so I was optimistic that I might find some oldies...little did I know what was to come. The first strip gave up nothing. Then I drove to the next one and soon after I got there I found a 1915 wheatie. After about 30 minutes I had a couple more wheats and was thinking I should be heading home since it was 10:45. I then came across a 12-41 signal and I cut the plug and put my X-1 probe in the hole and it gave me a 12-41 in it. I eventually got it out of the hole but lost it in the grass. It was dark and I did not have a light on me. So I felt with my bare fingers for the "wheatie" in the grass and when I finally touched it I knew it was not a wheatie. At first I thought it was one of those darn play coins that have fooled me many times in the past BUT as I raised it up into the dim light of the street light across the road I saw "HALF DIME"! I turned it over and saw Lady Liberty sitting...a pretty site indeed! She is worn and she has a hole in her date but I know that it is an 1853 bc of the arrows and the "3". This is my first Seated Half Dime...another bucket list check!

Also found a neat bar token.

Sorry for the terrible group pic.

It has been a unbelievable year for me and it seems to get better every day! Thanks for looking!Name:  F.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  129.6 KB
    Name:  B.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  111.5 KB
    Name:  all.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  70.9 KB
    Last edited by Bucknut; 07-02-2015 at 09:39 AM.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Lost it in the grass sounds like me. That is a fine hunt! That token is cool too! You are having a really nice season, keep it up!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Elite Member
    Outstanding. Seated is tough enough but a half dime is a rare find. Congrats WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

I love that Seated Half Dime!

What a wonderful find! The hole and the general wear gives it extra character. Oh, the stories it could tell. You are right about the date, it must be 1853.

I like the bar token too!

Lifetime totals:
    9 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 19 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Any seated is a GREAT Seated in my book!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Great set of finds, and along the curbside to boot! Love the finds, even the bar token. Awesome evening for you.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos