Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: July 4th 2014 FMDF boots 7 members. A day which will live in infamy.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    Going for another Ban are ya Gary??!?
    Do you feel I am doing something worthy of a ban ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kemper View Post
    To answer your question- this is a detecting forum and I would expect detecting people to see it here. My thread is informational although you seem to think it is about complaining ,ranting and getting my feelings out.
    I'm sorry , your thread doesn't come off sounding that way Kemper

I'm not complaining or ranting as I realize that forums can do as they wish. My feelings are that I wish that forums would encourage discussion and want to moderate the often termed " hot-button " , " dramatic ", "stirring the pot " etc. issues that are more important than showing of finds and talk about machines. That is why I am doing it here. What happens on public forums is hobby related. I encourage people to try to discuss issues rather than look for a reason not to.
    you need to do that by bringing in a third entity to this conversation ? you can't just bring up the issue on your own ? are we to expect every thing that is bothering you about the hobby will be embellished with links to outside forum source examples ? As I said I have no interest of what "inner going ons" or "he said she said debates", "the dress color was blue or white" conversation that happens on other forums , you have something about the hobby that you want to discuss bring it up and lets have a a respectful debate and discussion on it . they way you brought this one up seemed petty or cheap shot in my opinion.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    I'm sorry , your thread doesn't come off sounding that way Kemper

you need to do that by bringing in a third entity to this conversation ? you can't just bring up the issue on your own ? are we to expect every thing that is bothering you about the hobby will be embellished with links to outside forum source examples ? As I said I have no interest of what "inner going ons" or "he said she said debates", "the dress color was blue or white" conversation that happens on other forums , you have something about the hobby that you want to discuss bring it up and lets have a a respectful debate and discussion on it . they way you brought this one up seemed petty or cheap shot in my opinion.
    We can discuss how metal detecting forums can be beneficial to the hobby if they encourage people to discuss the "hot" topic issues. A look at how moderators try to stop that discussion and often fail to moderate those issues can also be beneficial. The threads I presented in my thread here is a good example so if we look at it in that sense it should be no problem. I don't think participation by people that were banned discussing issues should hurt anything. That should only add to the discussion.

If you look at the first thread I referenced and notice post #2 and# 25 by SeabeeRon (who commented on this thread also) you can see a problem I am talking about here. I think his comment on this thread shows his intentions so I feel beneficial information continues to come from this thread. There is no "he said-she said " debate but rather hobby related links for discussion. Going after the messenger is normal but I am optimistic as always.

I like this forum because it is a positive site. People really support each other with great info and advice which advances the hobby and encourages new people to join the metal detecting hobby. Showing others how to ask for permission to hunt, covering holes properly, returning items that you know who they belong to is very important to our hobby. Arguing is silly.
    2017 Total:
    Mercs= 2
    Wash=1
    Seated=1
    total slivers=4
    Wheats 8.
    Indians=4 (1864,1865,1888)
    LG cents=1
    1 Sliver Pendent, 2= 3-ringers, 2 tokens

Most Valuable find ever: 1834 C.B. dime, Oldest 1776 1/2 Reale, Biggest 1822 CB half.
    Detectors: E-trac and F75LTD2

Would someone PLEASE kill this thread?
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by nalc472 View Post
    I like this forum because it is a positive site. People really support each other with great info and advice which advances the hobby and encourages new people to join the metal detecting hobby. Showing others how to ask for permission to hunt, covering holes properly, returning items that you know who they belong to is very important to our hobby. Arguing is silly.
    Some good points. I would also add that it is important to not ask for permission when it is not necessary. Looking up laws for oneself is very important and may keep a person from getting a "no" from someone who may just be giving the safe answer.

What I see also are a lot of things that are hurting the hobby such as people hunting curb strips with a partner, detecting parks in groups or with a shovel, door knocking in groups seeing how many yards they can dig in a day. Many issues that can be discussed and could get heated at times especially with some that put "their right" to do something a certain way ahead of what is best for the hobby. And worth mentioning is that people that want to kill threads are probably more interested in what they can get from the hobby rather than what they can contribute.

You clearly have issues with the FMDF,,,,, can't say that your position is right or wrong,,,,,

We have a genuine friendly, positive site here,,, it should be cherished and protected,,,, please don't let it get tainted,,,, even if you have the best of intentions.
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

Do you feel I am doing something worthy of a ban ?
    Not yet, but based on your past history it seems almost inevitable!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

I think you are thinking of a different Kemper --Name:  Misse 046.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  31.2 KB

Well.maybe not infamy but it will be remembered. Do you remember where you were when it happened ? The 7 members that got sent on vacation were - Kemper,Tom_in_CA,itsaring,HarveyH48,SafeMode,stewa rt73 and Jay_781. Naturally I don't think I deserved it and here is the thread I was on when it happened- http://metaldetectingforum.com/showt...ghlight=Kemper

Here is the thread the other members were on- http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=193500

Just passing on information here as the 4th approaches on metal detecting forums. The administrators must have been tired of moderating threads to boot 7 people at one time. I wonder if a mass banning ever took place at another time. Looking back at the threads they seem mild in comparison to some of the threads I've seen there lately.

No hard feelings but I don't think it is a good idea to boot people in numbers. It's been fun and have a Happy 4th of July.
    Kemper, this type of post does not belong on this forum. Whatever issues/problems you had with FMDF is none of our business. The administrators there have a right to run and deal with issues on their forum as they see fit. It is their prerogative.

We have a great group of admins and moderators here. They have my trust and confidence that problems arising on the forum will be handled courteously and professionally and that members will be treated with respect. The staff here recognizes that we all lose our cool at one time or another and will say or do things that may be out of character. It has happened with some members here in the past, including myself. We recognize that and so we work with the valued member. To the credit of such members they have recognized their misstep when the matter was tactfully brought to their attention and they took corrective action. That's what individuals who are part of a 'family' do. However, the staff also will not tolerate continued disrupting behavior from anyone and will take the necessary corrective action, including banning from the forum. I completely back them on this as does Angie (Epi-hunter).

Please take the time to completely review the Forum Rules. If you have any questions on any of the stated rules, please feel free to send a private message to any of the staff members about it.

Angel

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    Kemper, this type of post does not belong on this forum. Whatever issues/problems you had with FMDF is none of our business. The administrators there have a right to run and deal with issues on their forum as they see fit. It is their prerogative.

We have a great group of admins and moderators here. They have my trust and confidence that problems arising on the forum will be handled courteously and professionally and that members will be treated with respect. The staff here recognizes that we all lose our cool at one time or another and will say or do things that may be out of character. It has happened with some members here in the past, including myself. We recognize that and so we work with the valued member. To the credit of such members they have recognized their misstep when the matter was tactfully brought to their attention and they took corrective action. That's what individuals who are part of a 'family' do. However, the staff also will not tolerate continued disrupting behavior from anyone and will take the necessary corrective action, including banning from the forum. I completely back them on this as does Angie (Epi-hunter).

Please take the time to completely review the Forum Rules. If you have any questions on any of the stated rules, please feel free to send a private message to any of the staff members about it.

Angel
    Great post Angel, thank you for running an awesome forum!

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post

Angel
    I will spend more time reviewing the rules and I realize that it is your call to make. I stated that my post was informational and that I had no hard feelings. I certainly didn't maliciously attack anyone or anything. The posts that I referenced are still up on the Friendly public forum. I will re-check my actions and if I have any questions I will do as you suggested.

I din't think my post violated this rule--5) Other Sites/Forums

There are two sides to every story, so to avoid maligning others please do not make posts maliciously attacking other forums, their owners, administrators, or moderators. Such posts will be removed.

Oh my....I just read this entire thread and realized that I now have 5 minutes of my life that I can't get back. Take the hint.....STOP IT.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Kemper pulled the same bs on TN and was banned for it.....

Thank you American Detectorist for not allowing the bashing of other forums and mods here, we don't allow it on TN either....

One good thing , he will have more time to walk his cool little dog .

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    One good thing , he will have more time to walk his cool little dog .
    Good one! That's pretty funny!

I had serious doubts whether he even had a metal detector.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Just an FYI to all the fine members here. I see Kemper is banned here now, but if he does what he did when he was banned over on FMDF (and other detecting sites)is that he "lurks & trolls" the forum looking for mention of himself and then posts about how he was mistreated on his FB page or other sites and blogs. Best to leave him in your dust!

No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank god for the admins!
    I <3 colonial relics!

A very prescient statement. The cycle is once more completed.
    If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    A very prescient statement. The cycle is once more completed.
    Hey Rudy, nice to see you here again! I've missed that paper bag over your head

Thanks for your help! I was getting a migraine...
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250