Thread: A luke warm coil this weekend.

A luke warm coil this weekend.

After the cellar hole this weekend, there was no time on the 4th to get out. I actually spent the morning doing yard work . Sunday, though, I was able to get out with Mike hitting a school. The school was built this century but it was near center of the town and rechecking the map it shows there was an old house there at one time. The first target I pulled up, was a bit low on the VDI like a zincoln, but was a mickey mouse pin. There wasn't much by the parking lot, which was where Mike was checking when I arrived. Once I moved toward the ball field I was getting much better readings. I was pulling up some clad. Mike tried near the concession stand but was surprised there wasn't anything there. There was a slight hill there where I picked up a '42 wheat. Mike decided to stay in the area. After a bit we went over near these cedar trees. The grass was worn away from the high traffic. Some clad came up. Mike was complaining of the heat. I got a sweet signal just as soon as he was about to leave. Out popped this nice medal. Jewelry award from 1952. Mike took off, but as he was getting his stuff in his car I got a nice signal which I had to come back too. When I got back to it, it was a triple dime spill. Only clad....but checking the rest of the school I got two more triple dime spills. Now only if they were silver dimes. It is funny how Mike said as he was leaving "find those three silver dimes we missed".
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Cool old metal,,, and everybody love Mickey Mouse!!
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

That medal is sooo cool! I could only find this http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces59986.html ...but it doesn't give any info. Have you found out anything about it?
    Hey, your coil seems hot to me! How big is that medal?
    ...and THREE TRIPLE DIME SPILLS??!!!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice medal I would take that over a Rosie any day
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    That medal is sooo cool! I could only find this but it doesn't give any info. Have you found out anything about it?
    Hey, your coil seems hot to me! How big is that medal? ...and THREE TRIPLE DIME SPILLS??!!!!
    I thought it was a religious medal when I pulled it up. I guess with no other reference in the pic, you can't tell the size. It is about the size of a half dollar. Since it was brass it was reading a bit lower than if it was silver. I almost thought it was a silver dime reading just over 100 on the VDI (remember mine is 0-255). It is similar in reading to a state copper, but I don't think you would find one of these medals at a cellar hole. I was only able to find out as much info on it as you did. Seems there is only one year that I can tell it was minted. I am not sure where the Jewelry Academy was located. I did notice tho in that site the rarity rating is up there. 97/100 rarity. And yes, Drew, you read correctly. Three-triple dime spills. Why else would I bother to take a pic of clad other than to show the ratio of dimes to everything else? You can't quite dig pennies and quarters while ignoring the dimes, that would be... ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bell-Two View Post
    Nice medal I would take that over a Rosie any day
    Quote Originally Posted by GA1dad View Post
    Cool old metal,,, and everybody love Mickey Mouse!!
    Thanks guys. Mikey liked the Mickey too. lol. I guess to say it is good to have the strange items I get actually be something good. I can't say "for once" cuz it's happened a few times.