Thread: First find with GTI 2500!!

First find with GTI 2500!!

I had to laugh at myself. Yes, the target registered as a coin and right under my front steps! 4 inches down and a quarter. Well, actually six inches down and a rare electrical knockout coin!
    Name:  first find 2500.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  79.6 KB
    To be fair, I think the GTI really nailed it. Just my inexperience with the great machine. I was all of 45 minutes into the first try with it.
    To top it off, the AT pinpointer was shipped with a weak battery and I thought I broke it. Finally realized what it was telling me and a new Duracell made it all better.

to be fair the knock outs are relatively close in size to a quarter and would "fool" a lot of machines or inexperienced hobbyists , chalk it up to a learning experience. shape and mass does play a large factor as to what our machines sample and then tell us , i wish you well with 2500 Scratch.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    to be fair the knock outs are relatively close in size to a quarter and would "fool" a lot of machines or inexperienced hobbyists , chalk it up to a learning experience. shape and mass does play a large factor as to what our machines sample and then tell us , i wish you well with 2500 Scratch.

Dan
    Thanks, Dan.

Oh man, I hate those things....

But good luck with the 2500!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I've dug up a couple of those myself.
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Yep, too many things mimic coins while underground such as that knockout, flattened cans, etc. Had a new one today that got me going a few times. Went detecting along lake Michigan and kept getting great coin signals only to find out they were "balls" of metal. Finally figured out that wave action breaks apart aluminum cans and must "roll" the pieces into those balls, such as waves do to stones to make them round and smooth. Worse than pull tabs!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

This isn't my first time! Using my old Excal, I was hunting a beach on the Atlantic coast of Florida and found what I thought to be a cob coin. Turned out to be a piece of a zinc/lead sacrificial anode from a boat's prop shaft.

I'd dig that thing...and definitely at 6in or more. When I look at my garbage at the end of a hunt most of it is round. Keep it up!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Your not going to dig the good stuff with out digging the bad stuff. LOL
    We all do it.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos