Thread: Albany NY

Albany NY

Hey All.
    I'm going to be in Johnstown next week. It's a little town northwest of Albany NY. Is there anyone in the area who might have time for a hunt or advice on where to hunt. Thanks in advance.

Ron.
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Ron,
    I live in NY, but I'm in Québec City at the moment. You're around a very old area. Drive around and look for someone in the yard at old looking houses and ask for permission to detect. It's a lot easier to get permission if you find someone outside than knocking on the door. See if you can find some old maps online of the area you'll be at. That should help.
    Don
    Best Finds for 2015

1871 British Gold half sovereign
    1786 New Jersey copper

1786 Vermont Landscape
    2 - 1787 Connecticut coppers
    4 King George II halfpence
    2 King George II Farthings
    3 Large cents
    5 - 1864 2 Cent Pieces
    1857 Seated Dime
    4 Barber Dimes
    Standing Liberty Quarter
    21 Addt'l Silver Dimes
    8 War Nickels
    31 Indians
    5 Shield nickels & 8 V nickels
    Victorian Silver Match Case c.1880
    29 Gram 14k gold bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by don in ny View Post
    Ron,
    I live in NY, but I'm in Québec City at the moment. You're around a very old area. Drive around and look for someone in the yard at old looking houses and ask for permission to detect. It's a lot easier to get permission if you find someone outside than knocking on the door. See if you can find some old maps online of the area you'll be at. That should help.
    Don
    And I know for a fact that Don is pretty successful at permission asking ! That is a very good piece of advice.
    Follow my Facebook Page : A Metal Detecting World

Who'd want to visit J-town... just kidding I'm about 45 minutes away but unfortunately we are in the middle of softball season. My detecting won't start for a few more weeks...