Thread: Found 54 cal approx round ball at CW skirmish.

Found 54 cal approx round ball at CW skirmish.

Sorry no picture gave round ball to owner. This home sits right next to a ferry crossing from Kentucky to Indiana. As it was told to me the confederate army tried to take the ferry. the ferry owner made it across the river and told union troops that fired cannon back at the southern troops. A negro union troops came up to run off the remaining rebels. I was glad to give this round ball to the owner of the house that was built in 1827. This helps our cause by giving back items to show how we can be a positive group. The owner did not want to take m find but I told him that this is history of his house and he should have it as a piece of history. He said I can come back any time to detect.
    2017 Total:
    Mercs= 2
    Wash=1
    Seated=1
    total slivers=4
    Wheats 8.
    Indians=4 (1864,1865,1888)
    LG cents=1
    1 Sliver Pendent, 2= 3-ringers, 2 tokens

Most Valuable find ever: 1834 C.B. dime, Oldest 1776 1/2 Reale, Biggest 1822 CB half.
    Detectors: E-trac and F75LTD2

You are a true ambassador for our hobby! I just googled your find (these were actually 54 cal round balls near Brandy Station) and you could get some relatively cheap. You should buy some just so you AND the owner had examples. Nice job!!
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 07-19-2015 at 04:43 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice work finding that roundball and giving it to the home owner. I give all my finds to the owners when I get permissions and am always invited back. that way I can get back several times and can really cover an area fully.
    Happy hunting.

Ron
    Last edited by Ronandari; 07-19-2015 at 05:29 PM.
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Very commendable act. Keep it up!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Aug. 29 1864 Skirmish near Ghent UNITED STATES---117th Infantry, Colored. Union loss 2 killed.
    2017 Total:
    Mercs= 2
    Wash=1
    Seated=1
    total slivers=4
    Wheats 8.
    Indians=4 (1864,1865,1888)
    LG cents=1
    1 Sliver Pendent, 2= 3-ringers, 2 tokens

Most Valuable find ever: 1834 C.B. dime, Oldest 1776 1/2 Reale, Biggest 1822 CB half.
    Detectors: E-trac and F75LTD2

very cool history congrats on finding some and saving it
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album