Thread: Out With RobW Today.....SLQ Variety 1

Out With RobW Today.....SLQ Variety 1

So I get a call from Robert. He is fed up with work so he's leaving and wants to go detecting. WooHoo, you betcha.

He arrives at my house and we decided to go to a park that I had noticed a field getting mowed last week. We arrive and not 2 minutes into the hunt I get the sterling ring. got some clad here and there, Rob gets himself a wheat.
    Rob's next find was a 25 cent token to something, we couldn't read the rim. I then get the 1893 IH with full liberty followed by a wheat.

We decide to leave that park and go to our favorite park. Here Rob gets an IH but again we couldn't get the date due to the crud but I'm sure it will clean up nice.

My find of the day would have to be the SLQ Variety 1. So its either a 1916 or a 1917. I can see something in the date field but can not make it out. If somebody could really look at the date field and perhaps tell me that it's a 1916......LOL.

Managed a couple more wheats at the second park, earliest is a 1942 with one soaking.

Thanks for reading and HH everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Wouldn't that be awesome if it was a 1916?
    I'd just like to find one of those coins...still on my list. Interesting ring too...nicely done Al!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Nice silvers. The ring almost looks celtic. Unfortunately the SLQ is a 1917. The dots above her head and the short dash mean it's a '17. Still I'm in the boat with Drew, and u are the one with the SLQ.

Rob is still alive ??? its good to see you and he out like old times . sounds like a lot of fun and congrats on the choice coinage Al !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Great coins! SLQs are one of my favorites!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Rob is still alive ??? its good to see you and he out like old times . sounds like a lot of fun and congrats on the choice coinage Al !
    Yes, Rob is alive and well just very busy. It was good to get out with him, wish we could do it more. Thanks for the congrats
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Elite Member
    Nice finds. Pretty sure I have never found the "no stars" (going back to my youth in the 70's) so that indeed is a great and rare find. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Very nice Finds. Congrats on the Variety 1 SLQ. Very Nice!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by del View Post

Barely.....I haven't been on here with everyone in SSOO long. Haven't really been out. Family and work related things keeping me bound up.

Made it out for my first REAL hunt in a long while....1912 Barber Half, 1934 Merc, a silver religious medal, and 10 wheats..felt good to get out and even better to get some BIG Silver.
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Elite Member
    That's judt like finding a well worn 1916 Mercury. Your always hoping for that "D". Great find regardless of what date it was. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Sweet finds , love that ring !
    Glen
    Always looking for that next ring !!