Thread: Been too Long...in more ways than one

Elite Member

Been too Long...in more ways than one

Many of you may remember me (some of you wish you didn't)....but I see many new members on here now

I was a VERY regular poster..but now with a new kid and staying busy with work, I haven't had much time to get out or even post or look at others posts.

So, with a dismal season...very few and far between outings and finds...I figured I'd at least make a showing.

As noted in another post of Al's he and I got out a bit ago. I managed a lone Indian at what we call "THE park" Over the past few years, we have pulled well over 200 silver coins, buttons, musket balls, jewelry, Large Cents, Liberty nickles and Buffs...you name it, we found it there...but for some odd reason no seated coins

Well, yesterday, Sunday I had a few hours that I could get out, and not having any time to line a place up. I decided to head to "THE park" to see if I could manage to squeak a keeper.

I started off in an area that I know Al and I have both hit NUMEROUS times, I wasn't even going to be concentrating in the area, just making my way to an area on the other side of the park (kinda like that find on the way back to the car, just in reverse!) I get an odd reading on the etrac. I decide to dig...out of the hole pops a disk, I'm thinking some kinda cap...and then ....it's a half..but what kind..I wipe away the dirt..and there's that beautiful Barber face looking back..I haven't even been detecting for 5 min! Of course I had to take pics and send them to Al working!

This particular area has been VERY good, so I decide to concentrate in this area....just getting a few wheats that have slipped by in the past. So I move to a small area that I haven't completely POUNDED....and get a 12-41 signal...thinking another wheat...had a pleasant surprise of a 1934 merc....so yet another pic to Al working.

My battery ran out on my E-trac, so I switched to the 3030...coins seemed to be popping every where (mostly clad). I think the dry conditions were just different enough that it was enabling me to find other things that were missed.

After a few hours, I had the half, a merc, a silver religious charm, and 10 wheats...not bad for a POUNDED park..seriously we have POUNDED the hell out of this place...and it still gives it to us.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Elite Member
    Oh...and my pics are a little better...got a newer phone
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Wow Rob, awesome! That is one large chunk of silver. It's nice to hear from you again...and CONGRATS ON THE CHILD!! I hope you'll get more time to hunt now.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

with pictures like that , you must be an impostor !!! the real Rob we know and love can't take a clear or unblurry picture to save his life !
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

All I can say is WOW! Haven't found a silver myself in quite some time, so that half is beautiful to see! Congrats in many ways!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Very nice finds, glad you could get out for some quality detecting time!

Sweet finds! Glad to see the post and good luck on getting out in the future!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Nice hunt! Congrats on the child and the coins. Nice

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Nice big barber. I only joined the forum just at the tail end of your detecting stint. That's a nice way to get back into the hobby. I like how you had to send pics to all who was stuck at work. lol.

Congrats on a sweet hunt! That half is awesome!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Outstanding digs, congratulations to you.

Outstanding coins! Congratulations!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.