Thread: NEL all frequency coil for X-Terra?

NEL all frequency coil for X-Terra?

Just wondering if anyone has ever used the NEL coils on their X-Terra. The youtube video shows switching between the 3 frequencies by powering off and back on within 2 seconds. Another video (in Russian) shows an air test using a coin and a gold chain and the differences in reaction between the different frequencies. On more video apparently from Britain they air test the NEL against a Minelabs coil and the NEL shows a significant increase in depth.

I know NEL is not an "authorized" coil for the machine, but there are only 2 other options due to Minelabs having a circuit board integrated into their coils-their own and Coiltek. Unfortunately to change frequencies one has to change the coil, and the prices are not cheap. But to me, if I could have 2 or 3 size coils and could switch between all 3 frequencies on them, it could be a game changer.

Link to the Attack coil: http://nel-coils.com/index.php/produ...attack?id=1408
    Last edited by Digger_O'Dell; 09-08-2015 at 07:19 PM.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

I agree. I have 2 X-Terra 705s and am considering a NEL 3 frequency coil for the very reasons you mentioned. You can probably order them through any Dealer that sells NEL coils. The Dealers won't advertise this because they don't want to ruin their relationship with Minelab, at least that's what I've been led to believe after inquiring about them.
    Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by gdzag View Post
    I agree. I have 2 X-Terra 705s and am considering a NEL 3 frequency coil for the very reasons you mentioned. You can probably order them through any Dealer that sells NEL coils. The Dealers won't advertise this because they don't want to ruin their relationship with Minelab, at least that's what I've been led to believe after inquiring about them.
    Gerry
    Far as I know there is only one dealer in the US that carries them, and the only one listed on the NEL web site. But talking to the owner, he says he has not sold any all frequency coils yet, he thinks because of the price. So I'm sure he will ask for feedback after I have mine for a while.
    The only other real option is to buy directly from the company which means sending money to a guy in Kharkov via Western Union-typical of Ukrainian business due to their banking situation.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Candidate Member
    Actually, there are at least three dealers that I know of. One in Florida, one in New Jersey and one in Connecticut.