Thread: First Ever Metal Detecting Trip Using Garrett Ace 250

First Ever Metal Detecting Trip Using Garrett Ace 250

Well I went out for my first ever metal detecting trip today and had some fun with friends who have private permission to detect on local farmland. I bought a Garrett Ace 250 to use while I'm deciding if I like the hobby. i filmed about 1/2 the finds i came across and being my first trip, I had it in all metal mode to begin with which meant I was digging up a lot of typical farmyard iron works, my friends had better luck finding some old buttons and a few old coins. It was a good day and the video shows what I found at the end. I hope you like the video and feel free to comment on it at YouTube and Subscribe for more videos as they come:

https://youtu.be/IVVzgmhAiK0

Nicely done, you're learning your machine! Looks like lots of room to detect there. ...oh and welcome to the forum!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Cheers, yeah my mates have permission for 4 other fields larger than this one, should keep us going for a while

Welcome! Every time you use the machine and dig up the signals you'll learn more about what the machine is telling you. Even an outing where I just find trash is still a good outing because I'm enjoying it and I almost always learn something new. Good luck in your hunts!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Welcome to the forum! The more you dig, the more you learn.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Don't get discouraged. It helps to develop a love of digging trash in this hobby. That way you're never disappointed. It takes at least a 100 hours of use to really understand what your detector is telling you.

Welcome to the forum!

So where are you from?... Need some help?...Looks like fun... Welcome to the forum