Thread: Instructions on how to replace the toggle switch on the V3i.

Exclamation Instructions on how to replace the toggle switch on the V3i.

Was out last Sun & couldn't get out of my own way. 1st & only site I went to was completely covered in prickers. While I trekked around the brier patch my tector got stuck on my backpack shoulder strap & had to pull it to get it free.

I was able to find a somewhat decent area to swing & went to ground balance & then I noticed I must have snapped the toggle switch arm when it was stuck to my backpack .

While bending over to see if there was anything I could do to salvage the day my back went out on me , so I hobbled back to the car w/o even swinging the coil.

Ordered a new one Sunday night & was a cinch to replace. Good as new!

Just a few notes on what I learned:

1. Before you dissemble, take out the battery.

2. You need a T-10 Torx screwdriver to remove the 4 screws on the back of the display case.

3. Take a picture of which direction the wires face on the old switch while still connected to the board. This way you can easily remember when you put the new one in.

4. Make sure the toggle switch locks in place when you push it away from you. It should spring back to the middle position when you pull it towards you.

5. Re-assemble & re-insert the battery, power up & test to make sure all is good.
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

You know we love pictures, don't ya?