Thread: Some silver for the week and found the definition of a "cheery" picked park

Elite Member

Some silver for the week and found the definition of a "cheery" picked park

Since my hunt with FF43 I've managed to find a few silvers here and there to get the numbers up but pretty generally things have been a bit slow. Sunday I just started driving looking for new ground. I hit a Park that turned out to be started in 1930. As I worked around the Park I hit a spot where I started to find some wheats. the weird thing was almost every signal was a 12-40 range signal and the wheats were mostly pre 1940. Any E-trac users know the older wheats have the lower numbers. On the day I found 16 wheats of which 13 were 1940 or older (and a newer wheat was a surface find) I did manage to hit one nice 12-46 that turned out to be a Merc but the rest of the coins were mostly the older wheats. with that many older wheats I would of love to of hunted this park before all the 12-44 and higher signals were dug. On the week I found 25 wheats which is a pretty big number these days. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger (need 1 more silver to match last year) OOPS can't spell "Cherry"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by wisconsin digger; 09-23-2015 at 06:34 PM.
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Nice bunch of finds there. Wow, one more silver needed and it's only September. Your having an awesome season!!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Great hunts! Sometimes (as you probably know) those wheat signals turn out to be worn barbers or mercs. So I would definitely go back. Should be some old nickels there too.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Nice hunt once again! All the coins look to be in good shape, even the Buffalo! The old school I've been at the past week is the same way-lots of wheats, NO silver what-so-ever, although I did find a 1976 bicentennial quarter at about 10".

I've noticed this weird phenomenon lately where almost all the pennies no matter newer clad or old wheats have been ringing up higher than normal. Many of which are in the dime range.

Last 2 days I had bouncy quarter readings that popped out early memorials from about 7-8 inches. Seems like something isn't quite right in the kingdom!
    Last edited by Digger_O'Dell; 09-23-2015 at 07:20 PM.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Nice group of coins. Only 1 more silver needed to beat last years total.....let me be the first to congratulate you on beating last years #'s. I know its coming.....
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Wow that Buffalo nickel's in awesome shape!

Nice ! I love the "PAC-MAN" penny motif . Congrats on your silver finds for the year and I agree that Buffalo nickel held up very well .

Every now n then my ctx will hit a wheat at 12/40. Good handful of coins...

Nice score. Surprised to see all the silver were dimes. I haven't noticed much with the wheats and their VDI but I have noticed with the IH. They are just a tad lower; maybe 3-4 counts on my huge scale in the Tranger. That would equate to 1 or 2 counts on your scale of 99. Makes me rethink on cans, which read a similar number. Sometimes you can tell the pinpoint area is huge with a can so you aren't disappointed when you see what you dug.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    You had a great week Dave. Congrats on the silver and that is one big pile of wheats, WTG.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber