Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beyond my bucket list...Dream list find...PEACE DOLLAR!!!

Beyond my bucket list...Dream list find...PEACE DOLLAR!!!

Went hunting this morning at one park, played around with some settings, found clad, got tired and came home.
    Rested up a bit and watched Prospectors on the weather channel then the wife comes in, steals all the remotes, switches over to Roku and finds some stupid British Hammer film horror pic so I said I am going out hunting again.
    I went up to another park in the neighborhood but I expected nothing...I was just there for something to do.
    An old park but I have been there so much lately I am starting to get bored with several areas plus no rain in awhile so it is crazy hard to dig anything deeper than an inch or two.
    No matter, I walked around a bit looking for new areas to hunt.
    I ended up in a small area at the edge of the park right between one of the frisbee golf goals on one side and next to a fence of someone's backyard on the other.
    Some iron signals here, I dug some kind of an old copper electrical strap hoping it was an old wheatie, one older piece of can slaw but there wasn't much around here, not even any tabs or pop tops.
    I figured not much went on in this spot over the years.
    I swung a lot but didn't get any great signals so I didn't dig for awhile then I get this solid high tone and the numbers show a steady 98-99 on the F70.
    Never got a signal like that before.
    Depth says 4"deep and I raise my coil high expecting to still get a can signal, after all this had to be a full can, I thought, but I lost it as I raised the coil higher.
    My Deteknix pinpointer couldn't pick it up but that is normal on deeper stuff.
    I still innocently thought deeper can but what the heck I gotta dig it and find out.
    I dug a shallow hole and the handheld started to pick it up.
    I dug a bit deeper scraping the hard soil as I went and finally got to about 4" and stuck the point of my digger to the side of the hole, dug down and pried up the hard dirt in the middle. I saw a shiny round object covered in dirt pop up and I swear I thought, great...the top of an older thick can.
    I grabbed it but it felt strangely heavy and I rubbed the dirt off the top with my thumb and saw that liberty head and the year 1922 below it.
    Then I stopped rubbing and I think I also stopped breathing for several seconds.
    I always wanted to dig a silver dollar, dug a few clad Ikes in my time but I never thought that would happen here in dirt where you can't get deep and in a public park.
    Evidently I know nothing and now I have hope there still could be other great coins around here I might possibly find one day.
    I dug a Walker half once, this is way better and I will be flying over this one for awhile.
    If you see grass or dirt hit it no matter what preconceptions you might have.
    You never know!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by DIGGER27; 09-27-2015 at 07:15 AM.
    Vaq/F2/Compadre/Judge 2/F70-2015 finds a bunch of silver jewelry, several silver coins and 3 gold rings!

A drop dead exciting find!! You can thank your wife for stealing the remote
    That is on almost everyone's wish list. How do you like your F70 compared to your other machines? Congrats on a special coin!!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Big congrats on a super coin!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    A drop dead exciting find!! You can thank your wife for stealing the remote
    That is on almost everyone's wish list. How do you like your F70 compared to your other machines? Congrats on a special coin!!

Love my F70.
    I have 2 Tesoros love them too and pull them out once in awhile, but I had great fun with the F2 and got good with it.
    I have had the F70 for about 1.5 years and it worked fantastically in the excellent kansas soil.
    I recently moved back to Alabama with way different and much more challenging soil but this thing is working better than anything I ever used here in the past.
    There is no site under any conditions good or really bad that this thing does not seem to conquer if you find the right settings.
    Last edited by DIGGER27; 09-27-2015 at 07:30 AM.
    Vaq/F2/Compadre/Judge 2/F70-2015 finds a bunch of silver jewelry, several silver coins and 3 gold rings!

what a beautiful coin DIGGER27
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks and thanks to all!
    I won't be coming down from this one for a long time.
    Only a gold coin might make me this happy and I hope to find out one day.
    I found a Walker half once and thought that coin was heavy...this one brings me back to the instant I first held it and realized what this was when I hold it every time.

Elite Member
    Wow that would a nice surprise in my hole. great find. WD
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Really great coin, and you found it in a park!!!

Quote Originally Posted by freemindstuck View Post
    Really great coin, and you found it in a park!!!
    Yep, in a really out of the way area with very little coin signals at all so a complete surprise.
    I am going back today.

Congrats on the amazing find of a lifetime!

That's one that will put a big smile on your face for a long time! What an incredible find!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Wow. Congrats on the xl silver! Those are hard to find..

WOW, congrats-that's an awesome score!
    Had the almost exact same experience the other day when I dug the Franklin half- an area that had little but trash and clad pennies on top. Then the huge signal which I would have sworn it was a can top until I dug and had it in hand. Yep, I was doing the crazy detector guy dance!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

WOW, What an awesome find. Congrats on finding BIG Silver.
    She's a beauty too !!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Excellent find! Not everyday you find BIG silver like that!
    Whites MXT All Pro
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1721 Spanish 2 Reales
    Oldest Coin: 1699 King William III Halfpenny

Congratulations on a super find!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Wow. Congrats on a big silver. Not many full silver dollars get dug. Prob cuz they are such huge coins....yet a half gets lost often and it is fairly big. Figure that one out...

Congrats on an awesome find! Couldn't happen to a better guy as all you have posted about you and your f2 has helped me tremendously so again congratulations

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

WoW! great find BIG silver. I always hesitate to dig those can signals but always do.

Can't beat digging one of those up.....huge
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Thanks again all...I suspect this is going to be one of the greatest find, feelings and events in my career.
    It was almost a classic big flat can signal but not exactly, not easy to get to in the dry hard packed dirt and I am lucky I rolled my coil over it, decided to dig it and didn't destroy it when I did.
    Don't know where to go from here to experience this exact feeling again except maybe by digging another dream list target a gold coin.
    I have been very lucky in my short career, I hope that luck holds and I come across something thin, round and golden with a date someday.