Thread: Lots of sand few targets .

Lots of sand few targets .

Three and a half hours of detecting at the beach gave me just enough to make it fun.No gold or silver and just twelve cents ( yes , that small , crusty blob is the remnants of a zinc penny ) .The wet sand wasn't giving up anything but the dry
    kept the hunt interesting .I found some new bottle cap brands I hadn't seen before and the weather wasn't bad . The lighter , the bottle opener and the chain were eyeball finds and I'm pretty sure that chain went to the multi-colored medallion as it wasn't very far away from it .I was using the MXT all Pro with a 950 coil .
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Cheap Thrills; 10-06-2015 at 11:10 PM.

Interesting finds-jewelry is always nice, even if eyeball finds. I'm guessing the earring is likely silver though! I have gotten lots of zincoln remnants-they corrode and disintegrate really fast.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Quote Originally Posted by Digger_O'Dell View Post
    Interesting finds-jewelry is always nice, even if eyeball finds. I'm guessing the earring is likely silver though! I have gotten lots of zincoln remnants-they corrode and disintegrate really fast.
    By golly Digger , you are right , it is silver . Thanks !! My old eyes can't make it out but my son using a magnifying says he sees 925 0n it .Here's a photo of the back ( I see numbers but not clearly enough to make them out ) .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice. Even in club hunts at the beach where multiple detectors are combing the area at the same time, after a huge amount of the beach was filled with party-goers, there were still only like 3 or so pieces of jewelry that came up and very low with coinage.

Nice score on the earring. I hit a beach on the Columbia River the other day thinking I'd find lots of goodies dropped because it is very popular. I found a few coins but I had better luck along the parking areas.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Kirkland makes an Indian pale ale too!! , they make just about everything !! hey congrats on the silver "CT" .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Congrats on the silver bling. Beach hunting can have its ups and downs but you came out on top!

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

Cool variety of caps,, love the MXT.
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Kirkland makes an Indian pale ale too!! , they make just about everything !! hey congrats on the silver "CT" .

Thanks MangoAve. , Skamaniac ,Del , BTV ,Digger and GA1dad

Mango , It seems like even beach partiers in drunken stupors are being more careful about losing stuff .

Ska , yes , parking areas ,where the keys drag out other things in the pocket with them .

Del , it is amazing how many different things Kirkland makes .

BTV , I came , I saw , I actually found something .

GA1dad , Keep drinking that milk and swinging that MXT and the force will be with you .

Way to go Cheap Thrills
    I think people are more careful with their personal belongings out at the beaches. I do find my share of silver, but not as many coins and the ole yellow stuff is scarce. Good hunting to ya.
    Just one more Beep!

Quote Originally Posted by buck57 View Post
    Way to go Cheap Thrills
    I think people are more careful with their personal belongings out at the beaches. I do find my share of silver, but not as many coins and the ole yellow stuff is scarce. Good hunting to ya.

Thanks for the kind words buck . I gotta say your avatar is awesome !!Good hunting to you as well .