Thread: Second ever and sadly my last post

Second ever and sadly my last post

Hello everyone. I have been detecting for about 7 months now and just a couple weeks ago had my first "worthy enough" find to post on the forum. Every one was very supportive and excited to see what I had found. I enjoy reading and looking at everyone's finds!!
    I had spoke a little about my detector, it was a birthday gift, nothing very fancy or anything, I think my dad might have paid $100 for it from Montgomery Ward.
    Anyway, I am sad to report that my wife took the car to the grocery and slammed the flat coil end on the trunk door. It shattered      .
    I was crushed like one of those old cans I found with my newly dead detector, and still am!!!!!
    Unfortunately I am not in any position to buy another one. 
    But something someone responded to my first post came rushing to mind when I opened up this forum to report the bad news...
    In my first post I was talking about my detector and how it was just a cheapie I had got for my birthday and a member that goes by the user name nalc472 said "Maybe we should start a crowd funding and give detectors to people on this site.
    My Grandpa always told me that "a question not asked is a potential YES that's never given out." "A closed mouth doesn't get fed"
    Even with that great advice, I have never asked for any hand outs and always work hard to provide for my family.
    So I'm only asking if there is anyone out there that might have an old detector that is in the garage collecting dust, or needs a little TLC that they would be kind enough to give to a newbie hole digging, thrill seeking, enthusiasts??
    Or maybe there are enough people that know each other well enough to start a "Group funding"?
    Either way, I appreciate all of everyone's support.
    I understand if there isn't anyone out there that can part with a machine or help fund me. They certainly aren't cheep!!!!!
    I am posting the pictures of my first ever and only other post to the forum.
    Sadly, James Mossbarger

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that about your detector. I kept my first detector back in 98 used it a few times and just sat around until I got back into the hobby again 4 years ago. It was a garrett treasure ace 300. Unfortunately, last month I gave it away to a friend for his son. I'm sure someone on here might have or know of a detector laying around somewhere not being used.

I recommend watching yard sales. I got my first Bounty Hunter for $24 at a local sale and even though it was cheap I had a blast with it and found a lot of stuff before upgrading. Unfortunately, like Hiluxyota I gave it away already. I hope you find one and keep at it!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

You might think about starting your own detector fund. Doing small odd jobs for people can add up fairly quick.
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

Thats good solid advice Jeff.. He could have plenty of permission slips to hunt before his new gear came in.

I upgraded three times and gave my old machine away each time. If you wait, someone here will be upgrading.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Sad state of affairs.
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!