Thread: Last 3 hunts with big silver and a few relics

Elite Member

Last 3 hunts with big silver and a few relics

Got out a few times with some interesting results. Did a road trip to an older town about an hour away and hit a Washington and merc as well as some wheats. Found an old key also, that turned out to be a religious metal. Key is copper or brass. On the way home hit a park I hunted earlier in the year and managed a Buffalo ('29 D) along with a few more wheats. Friday I took a half day and hit an old church I've hunted pretty hard. Got a real nice silver signal and dug a Merc. About a foot away I got a marginal signal that I was hoping maybe would be a Rosie or a wheat and it turned out to be a 1917 Walking Half. Not sure why the signal was so weak but was happily surprised to see big silver again. Today I only had an hour or so but managed a Merc and a few more wheats. Also picked up my first Krotel Bell (not sure on spelling) so that was a nice relic and had not found before. So not as much time as I would of liked to get in but some good results none the less. Hitting the road tomorrow so hoping to get the next week off to a silvery start. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 0 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 0 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 10 Wheats - $ 3.44 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes

Congrats on the bell. I only find pieces of those !! Seems like they been popping up a lot lately on this forum....

Those are some great finds WD! Awesome half, and that 37 buffalo looks to be in great shape! All sorts of good stuff there. The crotal bell is still on my bucket list, so congrats on getting one in such good condition! Old keys are always a bonus too!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2023 Silver: 1 Gold: 0

Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America

Congrats on a very nice variety of finds, Especially the crotal Bell and Walker.
    You just keep pounding away at that Silver
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 4
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Great finds WD. Congrats on the Walker, and those Buffs are in fine shape!
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MrDigger

Minelab Equinox 800, SE Pro
    Oldest coin: 1693 W&M halfpenny
    Oldest silver: 1751 Ferdinand VI Pistareen1 Real
    Oldest US coin: 1787 Mass State Copper
    Oldest US silver: 1821 Capped Bust Dime
    Favorite Find: 1806 Carolus IIII 8 Reales

congrats on the silver and wheats , especially the walker and huge congrats on your first crotal bell
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

My gosh ...Wisconsin dirt is easy on the coins Those wheats and buff look like drawer coins! Congrats on a "hole" lot of keepers!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Outstanding finds, especially the silver, congratulations.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Congrats on a bunch of nice relics, silver and your first crotal bell Dave, WTG.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Nice score. I like the crotal and the racing fob. The walker is a nice find even tho its a bit worn.
    ....Keep swinging? I been down and out for about two weeks now. Not shortage of places; they are sitting there waiting for me to hit them. The days when I had more time, pertinent issues arise with the house. (Three times had to do separate things to the furnace and ended up having the oil service to come by for an additional repair) Then the days when I had less time, it was the health acting up. ugh. That's why when I am out, I try to make the most of it and push the limits.

Great finds. Lots of silver, add in the buffs and wheats = a handful of keepers. I think that the key which is a religious medal is very cool, never seen one before.....
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album