Thread: Got Out with Brian and Dan

Got Out with Brian and Dan

Trooper, Del and I walked up a long woods road looking for a site...any site but we didn't find any, so luckily we ended up a 1/4 mile away from a site I found some weeks ago. We all scored back then when the ferns were up, so we tried it again and did well. I left the boys at lunch time as I had/have some stuff to accomplish.
    I stayed within a 50-foot radius for most of the morning, a place I had already hit last time we were there. I was hoping I had a tongue laying around that I could add to that buckle, but I didn't. I have many chapes, and some chapes connected to tongues, but no single tongues. Fascinating, I know.
    The IH is an 1882. Thanks for looking!
    PS I dug the clad coin spill about 20yrds from where I dug a 1720s Hibernia last time
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Those are some nice finds Drew. Some of the buttons have real nice designs on them, and the shoe buckle is sweet, even if the tongue is missing.

Nice going Drew .That's pretty stout for a skeleton key . I like the nice green patina on that belt buckle too .

Nice! Love the patina on that buckle Drew. Yep, that clad spill should have been coppers. That just isn't right.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Very nice Drew. Funny how often weird things happen in this hobby...just peculiar. That buckle has some great patina on it and it looks like all three of your larger buttons have nice designs. Way to go!

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

"please , don't let it be a clad quarter " sometimes i feel the cellar gods are making sport of me too Drew you did extremely well right from the start at that site very nice shoe buckle and great looking buttons
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Congrats Drew! Nice pile of buttons and buckles. Considering where that site is and the damage from logging, etc, that spot has done very well.
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

Nice Score Drew. The one next to the key a large dandy? I love the green of that buckle. Maybe I should give you the tooth I dug Wed even tho it was from a different site. Not sure what I would do with it. Pretty small for it to be displayed itself. I like that one too between the colonial and the D buckle. Very ornate button.

Thank you everyone.
    Dan, that's exactly what I said before digging those blasted quarters I didn't know you heard it.
    Jim, if you have a tongue with a sorta green patina I'll give you a chape for it.
    Yeah, that is a dandy next to the large key. It has a series of "C"s in a circle. Never saw one like it.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Jim, if you have a tongue with a sorta green patina I'll give you a chape for it.
    Good to hear it is the same size. I think I only put it under water but did not clean it. Maybe some cleaning will reveal a green patina. Maybe you can look into obtaining a new pin and put it all together. Now I just gotta get it to ya. FOC.

WTG on the finds Drew, love that patina on the buckle!
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album