Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kindness contest!!!!

A few years ago,(when I was still a newbie to the hobby) I got permission to hunt a friends 5 acre farm. On my first hunt, I found the owners Rosary, which she had lost years ago. She was so glad to have it back.

Dan/Del and OxShoeDrew ,Thanks. This is a pretty nice thing you are doing here offering up these fine coins and it is my pleasure to announce that in doing this you both have automatically become the default winners of my contest . . Yes , you are both winners in the once in a lifetime " Cheap Thrills Giveaway " .The prizes don't come anywhere near the ones you are giving ( after all " Cheap is my first name ") but they are better than being poked in the eye with a sharp stick ( or digging up a Zinkoln) .Please E-mail me your addresses at your earliest convenience .

No, this is not a joke and it's not an autographed picture of me ( although part of it has a slight resemblance to the guy in my avatar) .
    Last edited by Cheap Thrills; 11-07-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Amazing stories folks! George, you are one of the good ones! I always wondered who that was in your avatar. I'll PM you.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

All of you have some great stories and I really liked reading them. My own story is from this summer as I have only just started this hobby/addiction so here it goes. One night I was detecting in a campground. At one point I found my first and to date only class ring and I was pumped! Next day I could see there was a name on it so I googled the name and came up with 38 people. Soon after I was showing somebody the ring and he looked at the name and said he knew the man! So he facebooked him and then he called and I ended up talking to him and now he has his ring back after 33 years. I will never forget the excitement in his voice as I talked with him. Now looking for the next one.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

I put all the respondents in a hat and Mrs OSD chose the winners. So blame her

...AND THE WINNER IS...
    10x
    Second place goes to Robbie

Thank you to everyone, you all deserve to win for your kind deeds!

On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Thanks for the opportunity Drew! It was fun reading them

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

I think the stories were great and some were really heart felt examples of kindness and very inspiring , you people
    ROCK !!!

I very much appreciate the participation and want to send out my sincerest congrats to the winners but in my opinion anyone who submitted a story won in one form or another with the kind act to another .

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Thrills View Post
    No, this is not a joke and it's not an autographed picture of me ( although part of it has a slight resemblance to the guy in my avatar) .
    I'd take a real autographed picture of ya George
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    I think the stories were great and some were really heart felt examples of kindness and very inspiring , you people
    ROCK !!!

I very much appreciate the participation and want to send out my sincerest congrats to the winners but in my opinion anyone who submitted a story won in one form or another with the kind act to another .

I'd take a real autographed picture of ya George

When I find a picture that makes me look somewhat human , I'll do that , it may be a long wait though as I can't remember ever seeing one.

Nice stories from nice people!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

All the stories were great, and I was lucky enough to get drawn. I want to thank Drew and Dan not only for having the contest, but donating the prizes. This is a great forum, and I enjoy being part of it. Thanks again, Earle

Thank you Drew and Dan, for having a great contest. All of the stories were inspiring and I`m glad to be a member of a great forum.

Recieved my prize in the mail today. Thanks again Dan, and Drew.

I received my LC in the mail today. Very professional, in a case and authenticated. This is now my oldest LC with a date. I will take good care of her. Thanks again.

Congratulations to both winners. Keep doing the good deeds.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel!