Thread: Only one keeper today among the beans...

Only one keeper today among the beans...

Hi all,
    Not much to brag about today as I only got one interesting keeper out of the bean field today. Seems every couple feet there are pieces of heavy wire strands or knots that initially ring up as weak quarter signals so the going is pretty slow. I suspect someone in the past plowed a couple snow fences and just spread the pieces throughout the field. But I did happen across one low signal about 6-7 inches deep that I was able to dig. Apparently it's a pewter underwear button circa 1900. Pretty great shape for the age, and still has most of the original white paint/enamel on it!

Name:  20151026_183943.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  75.3 KB Name:  20151026_183953.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  79.3 KB
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Does it say anything on front of that button?
    I remember driving through WI and being taken aback by the snow fences. We don't have them here.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Does it say anything on front of that button?
    I remember driving through WI and being taken aback by the snow fences. We don't have them here.
    Nope, no writing or marking of any kind on it.

Here in the great white north snow fences help the snow from drifting over the roads from across large open areas. Has not been much need the past 20 years or so except in a few isolated cases-probably that darn global warming?
    Equipment:

Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime

Huh... I can't say I have ever seen one either, Drew. I think we'd need a bubble here to block out the snow we get. A wall just wont cut it.

Interesting. Soon you will crack that place and there will be more than one keeper. The place I will post about soon, the second trip I went there I got one odd find and I was checking the open areas. Turns out those were all filled and the most keepers come out of this one particular area.

Looks like the field detecting is over for the year though. I found out that sometime between when I left for work last night and got back to the field this morning it had been plowed. Now it's nearly impossible to even walk in the field, and the detector would have to be swung above the peaks of dirt, too high to effectively detect anything.
    Equipment: