Thread: the old gang

the old gang

i have not been able to do any hunting all year but i still like to read the posts and i notice that a lot of people do not post any more i wonder if they are like me and are just unable to hunt as much or has a lot of them lost interest would be nice to hear from some of the older members just to see if they are still around any body have any thoughts on this i was just wondering dennis

Enjoy the people who are here while you are here . Some of the missing may be going thru health issues or hardships and may come back when things get better for them . A lot of people change hobbies or just go through changes period . A lot of the Old gang is still here and lot of the newcomers here are pretty cool too . I used to post on a lot of other forums but now I spend the greater majority of my time here as it is more to my liking and never stale , boring or like a dictatorship . Every type of detecting is well represented here and from different parts of the world . I hope you get a chance to go out and do some more detecting.
    Last edited by Cheap Thrills; 11-09-2015 at 01:30 AM.

Hello Dennis , we do seem to gain new members and lose some older ones . Like George mentioned , many things can happen and life sometimes gets in the way of hobbies . Its good to hear from you and I'm glad your still reading some of the discussions and or posts here and I also hope you get out to "stretch the legs and swing" soon.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Yeah, I noticed it too. Some folks are regulars here. I think it comes in waves. Winter, people are homebound so they have time to comment, but there is a lack on the new posts due to a lot of the country being unable to swing. Summer, there are only a few that endure the heat and the bugs and get out and swing too. Plus the already mentioned life events or complications that get in the way. I am surprised the lower activity this fall, tho, where it is perfect weather but mostly the regulars get out. There are some in your position too that I have seen say they enjoy reading posts even if they don't get out.