Thread: Death of a Battery - Updated

Threaded View

Death of a Battery - Updated

Well it finally happened. Around three years ago I made a post http://www.americandetectorist.com/f...hlight=battery

I ordered the AW-2200 back then and it has worked every day since then. But alas, all good things must come to an end......it died. Won't recharge... Last couple of outings it only lasted 4 hours where in the past I was able to get about 8 hours from a charge.

So today I ordered the HP-3100 from RNB Innovations. I was able to talk to Joe who I am assuming is the owner and founder. He made mention that I was only the second person he has spoken to that had this problem. Well not really a problem but amazed at how long this battery had lasted. In the time since I had made that purchase there has been the HP-2900 and now the HP-3100. On his website it states that the HP-3100 will last for days once charged. I asked him about that and he said no problem going 12 hours straight.

Very nice guy, I am getting a charger free of charge, just in case its the charger that has the problem.

Once I get this battery I'll update as to how long it lasts.
    Last edited by aloldstuff; 11-17-2015 at 03:19 PM. Reason: update
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album