Thread: DFX "whispers" question

Candidate Member

DFX "whispers" question

I am trying to identify exactly what people talk about when they are hearing whisper signals on the DFX.

Is this a signal that happens in motion mode or non-motion? I definately get the small, light signals when using mixed mode from the DC channel but in motion mode it is less clear.

Are whispers in motion mode more than just the break in the threshold? Are they repeatable in motion mode?

This is an amazing machine!

Hello , Local_coins and welcome to the forum . Whispers on the dfx sound like normal targets (same tones ) but sound further away in the motion mode .If you have the dfx in the "modulation" setting set to yes , it sets the machine to receive deep targets to sound farther away . they will sound "fainter" the deeper and smaller they are .

I personally don't want my deep targets to sound "lighter" especially when they hit 10 to 12 inches , i want to hear them just as loud as my shallow targets so i turn the modulation setting to off.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Candidate Member
    Thanks for the reply. I don't hunt with modulation on so it makes sense that I don't hear them in motion mode.

I was thinking there was more to it! Keep it simple!
    Last edited by local_coins; 12-02-2015 at 12:22 PM.

no problem "LC" , the dfx can be an extremely simple machine to run . feel free to ask anything about it there are a couple of us that know this machine very very well and we'll be happy to help .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album